Enchilada Stuffed Shells are so good! I can almost taste them right now just talking about them. These are easy, and kid-friendly!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details.
Enchilada Stuffed Shells
School starts here in a little over a week ….. it’s bittersweet – I’m ready for the structured schedule of the school year – even though I will miss sleeping in until 7 am. Yes, 7 am is sleeping in at my house! During the school year, I am usually up somewhere between 5 – 5:30 am. The problem I foresee, I haven’t been going to bed lately until midnight or later ……. it’s going to be a hard habit to break – and I may require more coffee than usual! 😉
With school literally days away, I am starting to focus on easier menus and recipes. Maybe some of y’all are too? I don’t think easy should mean sacrificing flavor …. or should mean resorting to eating cereal for dinner. (Although, I have been known to feed my family cereal for dinner from time to time!)
These Enchilada Stuffed Shells are easy and kid-friendly! We like to have ours with a green salad on the side and maybe some fresh fruit. While the shells are baking, you can prep the salad and cut any fruit!
Other recipes you may enjoy
- 1 box (12 oz.) uncooked jumbo pasta shells
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (10 oz.) enchilada sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup refried beans
- 1 roma tomato, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups (6 oz.) Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Meanwhile, in a nonstick skillet, cook the beef and onions over medium-high heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Return the meat to the pan and stir in the enchilada sauce, seasonings, refried beans and tomatoes. Fill each pasta shell with some of the mixture. Place the filled shells in a 13x9-in/ baking dish coated with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cover and bake for 25-30 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle with cheese and bake an additional 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 649Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 83mgSodium: 798mgFiber: 5gSugar: 6gProtein: 33g
Originally published on July 29, 2013. Updated on April 23, 2021.