Have you started your back to school shopping yet? I try to get it done as early as possible because I hate picking from the “leftovers”. I hate to admit that I over buy every single year – do you?
With my mind shifting to back to school, I have wanted to share some easy weeknight meals that are great for when the kids return to school in a few short weeks! Everyone could use more of those, right?
If you ever need a meal that relies on pantry staples, this one’s for you! There’s a very good possibility that you already have all of the ingredients to make this dish on hand! It’s very budget friendly too!
- 1/2 of a green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 of a small onion, diced
- 1 stalk of celery, diced
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) stewed tomatoes (chop them up if you prefer smaller pieces)
- 1 can (6 oz.) tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 tsp. Cajun seasoning
- Cooked rice
- In a skillet, saute the green pepper in butter until tender. Stir in the flour, sugar, salt and pepper. Mix well. Slowly add the milk, stirring constantly until well combined and thickened. Stir in the tomatoes. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes. Add the tuna and Cajun seasoning. Heat through.
- Serve over cooked rice.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 143Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 33mgSodium: 492mgFiber: 3gSugar: 5gProtein: 11g
I hope you enjoy! Shared at these
Don’t forget to share and comment ♥
Copyright © Love Bakes Good Cakes 2012-2013 All Rights Reserved