This is a sponsored post for Challenge Dairy. All opinions are honest and 100% my own.
This Easy Southern Peach Cobbler recipe is a must-make dish for your next cookout! It can be served warm or at room temperature.
Easy Southern Peach Cobbler
You guys! I am so excited to share this Easy Southern Peach Cobbler with y’all. The weather finally seems to be figuring out what month we’re in and that means it’s time to dust of the grill and plan the first cookout of the season! I’ve got you covered on dessert – this Easy Southern Peach Cobbler is simple, delicious, and the perfect addition to any summer menu.
One of my favorite secret weapons in my baking recipes is Challenge Butter. Challenge is the only dairy product company that controls the whole process when it comes to making its butter – from milking the cows to transporting the milk, to making the butter, and to packaging. It’s made the right way – the old-fashioned way! With no hormones, additives, or fillers and farm to fridge in just TWO days, Challenge Butter is a taste you’ll love – my family does!
What if I can’t find fresh peaches?
Of course, this Easy Southern Peach Cobbler is best with FRESH peaches … but that’s not always realistic. They can be nearly impossible to find out of season. Since this is a dessert you’ll want to enjoy longer than just at the end of summer, frozen peaches that have been thawed and drained make a great substitute. For times when I have to use frozen peaches, I usually add my peaches in a colander and set them over a bowl to drain. In an absolute pinch, and only as a last resort, you can also use canned peaches that have been drained. Personally, I would choose fresh first, frozen second, and canned if I had no other choice. No matter what you choose, you’ll still need about 4 cups of peaches.
Although it’s great any way you serve it, you can serve it warm or at room temperature, serve this Easy Southern Peach Cobbler warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a real treat! Or even better – cinnamon ice cream if you can find it! Mmmmmmm! It’s heavenly, I tell ya!
Other Posts You May Enjoy:
Don’t forget to pin it!
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) Challenge Butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1 cup milk
- 4 cups fresh peach slices
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- Ground cinnamon (optional)
- Ice cream or whipped cream, for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place the butter in a 13x9-in. baking dish. Place in oven until the butter melts, about 5 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, 1 cup of sugar, baking powder, and salt. Stir in milk just until the dry ingredients are moistened. Pour the batter over the butter in the baking dish. Do NOT stir.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, combine the remaining 1 cup of sugar with the peach slices, and lemon juice. Mix well. Pour the peach mixture over the batter in the baking dish. Do NOT stir. If desired, sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the cobbler is golden brown.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 322Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 27mgSodium: 150mgFiber: 1gSugar: 46gProtein: 3g