I have to be honest, I wasn’t really excited about this month’s Crazy Cooking Challenge. No offense to the pie lovers out there – I’m just not a pie person usually. My brother on the other hand, would rather have pie than cake for his birthday! Weird, right?!
- 1 tube (8 oz.) crescent dough
- 1 can (21 oz.) apple pie filling
- 1/2 cup Bisquick
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. cold butter
- 4 tbsp. powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1-2 tbsp. milk
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Unroll crescent rolls and press into an ungreased 9x13-in. baking pan, sealing seams and covering the bottom as necessary. Bake for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the apple pie filling in a medium bowl and chop up the apple pieces with a butter knife. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the Bisquick and brown sugar. Cut in butter using a fork or pastry blender, until mixture is crumbly. Top crescent dough with the chopped apple pie filling. Crumble the Bisquick, brown sugar and butter mixture evenly over the top.
- Bake for another 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely. Mix powdered sugar, cinnamon and 1 tbsp. of milk (add more milk if needed to thin out). Drizzle over the top of the bars. To serve, cut into squares.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 99Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 128mgFiber: 1gSugar: 8gProtein: 1g
I hope you enjoy!
Shared at these
Copyright © Love Bakes Good Cakes 2012 All Rights Reserved