Spice up dinner with these fiery and delicious Dragon Noodles! This quick and easy recipe will have you in and out of the kitchen in no time!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details.
Wowza, y’all. I hope you’re a fan of spicy food because I’ve got a great recipe for you today! If you like it hot and spicy dishes, you MUST make these noodles!! Soon!! Go get the groceries you need and make this!! Seriously, go!!
As you may have heard, Pete’s Dragon is in theaters today! My kiddos have been looking forward to seeing the movie and I’m hoping we can squeeze in a showing next weekend. This weekend is just too crazy.
As you know, I’m part of a Blockbuster Blogger’s Group that shares recipes, crafts, or other fun things for one movie each month. When I saw Pete’s Dragon was the movie we were doing this month, I knew I wanted to make these Dragon Noodles. I have to admit that they’re a bit too spicy for my youngest two kiddos, so I usually make something a little more mild for them! But the rest of us, we love them!! Bring on the fire-breathing!!
This recipe was inspired by Budget Bytes Dragon Noodles recipe. If you like spicy, then this is the recipe for you. It’s not called Dragon Noodles for nothin’. They’re almost addicting with the spicy sweetness. Trust me when I tell you that you will feel like you’re breathing fire! I added a few things to make it more of a complete meal with chicken and veggies – but I am sure the noodles would rock just the way Beth made them. I think one of the best things about this recipe is how versatile it is!
Slightly adapted from Budget Bytes
Be sure to stop by and see what my friends made for Pete’s Dragon:
- 1-Dragon Fruit Salad from Around My Family Table
- 2-Dragon Noodles from Loves Bakes Good Cakes
- 3-Dragon Berry Punch from Celebrating Family
- 4-Dragon Feet Cookies from Home.Made.Interest.
- 5-Dragon Fire Wings from For the Love of Food
Other recipes you may enjoy
- 1 package (14 oz.) stir-fry noodles
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 package (8-10 oz.) sugar snap peas
- 1 cup carrots cut into matchsticks
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup Sriracha sauce
- Fresh cilantro, for garnish
- 3-4 sliced green onion, for garnish
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in large skillet or wok. Scramble eggs over medium heat until cooked through. Transfer eggs to a bowl and set aside.
- In the same skillet, heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken, cooking until browned, turning occasionally, about 5-7 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- In the same skillet, stir-fry the onion, garlic, peas, and carrots 2-3 minutes. Stir in the cabbage and continue to stir-fry until the veggies are tender-crisp about 2-3 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine the brown sugar, soy sauce, and Sriracha with a whisk until sugar is dissolved. Set aside.
- To the veggies, add the drained noodles, cooked chicken, and scrambled eggs. Pour the soy sauce mixture over the top. Using tongs, gently lift and stir until well combined.
- Garnish with cilantro and green onions. Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 548Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 240mgSodium: 1229mgFiber: 5gSugar: 18gProtein: 34g