Chocolate Oreo Sprinkle Donuts. I believe sprinkles make the donuts just taste better! A breakfast the whole family will love! Enjoy!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details.
Chocolate Oreo Sprinkle Donuts
I bet that got your attention, didn’t it?! I believe donuts are supposed to have sprinkles – it just make them taste better! 🙂 Of course, throw on some cookies, and you have a dynamite breakfast the whole family will love!
I bought some Oreo cookies the other day with the full intention of making a dessert with them. The problem is my mind is so full of ideas, just when I think I have a great recipe, another one pops in my head. These donuts sounded like the perfect way to fight the winter “blahs” …. don’t you agree?
Other recipes you may enjoy
For the donuts
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
For the glaze
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk (more if needed to thin glaze)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
For the topping
- 7 Oreo cookies, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Lightly grease donut pans and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, vanilla and both sugars. Add the egg, sour cream and buttermilk. Mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine the baking powder, baking soda, cocoa powder and flour. Gradually add to the wet ingredients.
- Fill the donut pan cavities three-quarters of the way full. Bake for 9 minutes. Allow the donuts to cool in the pan for 2-3 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- After the donuts have cooled, whisk all of the glaze ingredients in a shallow medium bowl. Dip the donuts in the glaze. Sprinkle with Oreo cookies and sprinkles.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 355Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 43mgSodium: 274mgFiber: 2gSugar: 37gProtein: 5g
Originally published on January 15, 2014. Updated on April 25, 2021.