Chocolate Oreo Sprinkle Donuts – I bet that got your attention, didn’t it?! I believe donuts are supposed to have sprinkles – it just make them taste better! 🙂 Of course, throw on some cookies, and you have a dynamite breakfast the whole family will love!
I bought some Oreo cookies the other day with the full intention of making a dessert with them. The problem is my mind is so full of ideas, just when I think I have a great recipe, another one pops in my head. These donuts sounded like the perfect way to fight the winter “blahs” …. don’t you agree?
For the donuts
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
For the glaze
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp. milk (more if needed to thin glaze)
- 2 tsp. vanilla
For the topping
- 7 Oreo cookies, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Lightly grease donut pans and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, vanilla and both sugars. Add the egg, sour cream and buttermilk. Mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine the baking powder, baking soda, cocoa powder and flour. Gradually add to the wet ingredients.
- Fill the donut pan cavities three-quarters of the way full. Bake for 9 minutes. Allow the donuts to cool in the pan for 2-3 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- After the donuts have cooled, whisk all of the glaze ingredients in a shallow medium bowl. Dip the donuts in the glaze. Sprinkle with Oreo cookies and sprinkles.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 355Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 43mgSodium: 274mgFiber: 2gSugar: 37gProtein: 5g
Other Posts You May Enjoy: