Have I told y’all how much I love chocolate? I mean, who doesn’t – right?! My family also loves donuts – chocolate ones especially! I don’t make these too often, but they are a nice treat every now and then. If you want an absolutely carefree breakfast for Christmas morning (or any morning, for that matter) – make some of these the night before. They’re simple, quick and delish! I do serve them with fresh fruit salad – ya know, to balance it out. 😉
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips
For the glaze
- 1 tbsp. shortening and 3 cups chocolate chips (sprinkles, optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Lightly grease donut pans and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, vanilla and both sugars. Add the egg, sour cream and buttermilk. Mix until well combined.
- In a separate medium bowl, combine the baking powder, baking soda, cocoa powder and flour. Gradually add to the wet ingredients. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Fill the donut pan cavities three-quarters of the way full. Bake for 9 minutes. Allow the donuts to cool in the pan for 2-3 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- After the donuts have cooled, melt the shortening with the chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl in 30 second increments, stirring after each increment, until the chips are melted and smooth. Dip the donuts in the melted chocolate and decorate with sprinkles, if desired.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 257Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 37mgSodium: 205mgFiber: 2gSugar: 18gProtein: 4g
I hope you enjoy!
Shared at these
Featured at Chocolate Chocolate and More Chocolate
Don’t forget to like, share and comment ♥
Copyright © Love Bakes Good Cakes 2012 All Rights Reserved