Cause & Effects….remember this from school?
- 1/2 cup butter, melted then cooled
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 TBS baking powder
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375º, line grease two baking sheets or line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine butter, sugar, honey, and eggs - mix until well combined.
- In a small bowl whisk flour and baking powder together, add flour and graham cracker crumbs to wet mixture, stir and fold until combined. The dough will be heavy and somewhat sticky. Turn onto a lightly floured work surface, divide in half.
- Shape each half into a 10" x 4" rectangle that is about 1/2" thick, transfer to baking sheets. These will spread when baked so allow a few inches in all directions on your baking sheets.
- Bake for 20-24 minutes until golden brown. Remove from baking sheet onto a wire rack to cool for about 20 minutes.
- With a serrated knife slice crosswise into 1/2" sections. Arrange cut pieces on their sides on the baking sheets, toast 5-6 minutes flip them over and toast another 5-6 minutes. Cool on a wired rack.
- When the cookies have cooled, melt chocolate in a wide shallow bowl (wide enough to fit the biscotti in for dipping) in the microwave 30-seconds at a time, stirring at each 30-second interval.
- Dip the bottom of the biscotti in the chocolate (smooth the chocolate with the back of a spoon for a more uniform application), lay them on their side on a parchment or wax lined trays. Let set for 90 minutes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 125Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 61mgFiber: 1gSugar: 10gProtein: 2g