This Chocolate Covered Strawberry Smoothie is surprisingly simple and delicious. Give it a try for a quick breakfast on-the-go or snack idea!
Chocolate Strawberry Banana Smoothie
Smoothies are a great way to start your day and they make an easy snack idea. They come together so quickly and easily, and the flavor combinations are literally endless!
This Chocolate Covered Straberry Smoothie is one of my kids’ favorite. We almost always have all of the ingredients on hand. This recipe is great whether the kids want a quick breakfast on-the-go or need an easy snack between meals to tide them over.
Chocolate Strawberry Smoothie: Ingredients & Utensils
To make this recipe for Chocolate Covered Strawberry Smoothie, you’ll need …
- strawberries – fresh or frozen.
- banana – provides some sweetness and added nutrition.
- plain Greek yogurt – used to thicken the smoothie and adds calcium, protein, and other nutrients.
- milk – or your favorite non-dairy alternative. You can even use chocolate milk!
- protein powder – optional. Unflavored or chocolate are the best choices.
- cocoa powder – adds that yummy chocolate flavor!
- vanilla extract – used for flavor.
- ice – the more you use, the thicker the smoothie will be.
- measuring cups and spoons
Chocolate Strawberry Smoothie: FAQs
Yogurt is great is smoothies because it adds a good amount of protein and help keep you feeling full longer.
– 1. Liquids. This is what helps everything blend well.
– 2. Base. Typically, fruits, veggies, nuts, and other flavorings.
– 3. Ice. Blends in to help combine and thicken everything up.
Actually, you can!
– Method one is to prepare your smoothie as stated in the recipe. Transfer the smoothie to an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 2-3 days. Give it a good shake before drinking.
– Method two is to combine your fruit and dry ingredients into a zip-top freezer bag and freeze for up to three months. To prepare the smoothie, combine the frozen ingredients with the milk, yogurt, and vanilla extract called for in the recipe in a blender.
Other recipes you may enjoy
- 4-6 fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1/2 to 1 medium ripe banana
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup milk or non-dairy alternative
- 1 serving unflavored or chocolate protein powder, optional
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Ice, to taste
- Place all ingredients in a large blender and blend until completely mixed and frothy, adding ice to reach your desired level of thickness.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy!
- This recipe makes two smaller smoothies or one large smoothie.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 2 drinks
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 462Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 109mgCarbohydrates: 85gFiber: 17gSugar: 44gProtein: 31g
Please note that the nutritional information listed on this page is an estimation based on the products I used. Ingredients and nutritional information can vary significantly between brands. Always be sure to read labels. Please verify that a recipe fits your needs before using it. Nutrition info may contain errors, so please verify it independently. Likewise, recipes may contain errors, so please use your common sense when following them.
Originally published on June 7, 2012. Updated on February 23, 2022.