These Chocolate Cherry Marshmallow Brownies taste as good as they look! These would be perfect for Valentines Day, or Christmas!
Chocolate Cherry Marshmallow Brownies
Where has January gone?! It’s hard to believe it’s almost February – of course, the weather is reminding much of the country that it’s still winter! With Valentine’s Day approaching, I wanted to share an easy dessert idea. These brownies are eye-catching with their bright red, white and dark brown colors!
This is one of those recipes I tried years ago and tucked it away to make again … and promptly forgot about it! Don’t you hate when you do that?! I was going through some paperwork recently, and found this little gem. I remembered how great it was years ago – and knew I had to make it again and share it with y’all!
Other recipes you may enjoy
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, melted
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 jar (10 oz.) maraschino cherries, drained well and chopped
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9x13-in. baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the sugar and butter. Add the eggs and beat until thoroughly combined.
- In a separate medium bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Gradually add to the creamed mixture.
- Pour and spread the mixture evenly into the prepared pan. Bake for 28 minutes. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the marshmallows. Bake an additional 2 minutes or until the marshmallows are softened, but not browned. Remove from the oven. Sprinkle with cherries and allow to cool on a wire rack.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate and cream. Stir until smooth. Drizzle chocolate over brownies.
- Let stand until chocolate is set! Cut into squares.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 299Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 65mgSodium: 127mgFiber: 3gSugar: 34gProtein: 3g
Originally published on January 30, 2014. Updated on April 25, 2021.