Where has January gone?! It’s hard to believe it’s almost February – of course, the weather is reminding much of the country that it’s still winter! With Valentine’s Day approaching, I wanted to share an easy dessert idea. These Chocolate Cherry Marshmallow Brownies are eye-catching with their bright red, white and dark brown colors!
This is one of those recipes I tried years ago and tucked it away to make again … and promptly forgot about it! Don’t you hate when you do that?! I was going through some paperwork recently, and found this little gem. I remembered how great it was years ago – and knew I had to make it again and share it with y’all!
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, melted
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup baking cocoa
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 jar (10 oz.) maraschino cherries, drained well and chopped
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp. heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9x13-in. baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the sugar and butter. Add the eggs and beat until thoroughly combined.
- In a separate medium bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Gradually add to the creamed mixture.
- Pour and spread the mixture evenly into the prepared pan. Bake for 28 minutes. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the marshmallows. Bake an additional 2 minutes or until the marshmallows are softened, but not browned. Remove from the oven. Sprinkle with cherries and allow to cool on a wire rack.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate and cream. Stir until smooth. Drizzle chocolate over brownies.
- Let stand until chocolate is set! Cut into squares.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 299Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 65mgSodium: 127mgFiber: 3gSugar: 34gProtein: 3g
Other Posts You May Enjoy: