Basic Brownies – You probably have everything you need to make these chocolaty treats!
I have to admit something to you, my 17 year old son is the brownie maker at our house. He loves to make these brownies – and asks to make them every so often. This Basic Brownies recipe is one of the very first recipes I got when I moved out on my own. It’s been my go-to brownie recipe for – *ahem – I can’t believe I’m saying this* – over 20 years!
The great thing about this recipe is that it uses pantry staples – so you probably already have everything on hand. I love that these cook up so thick and fudge-y! Although we usually enjoy them just plain like this – sometimes, we add mini M&M’s, or add a thick layer of chocolatey frosting or doctor them up some other way.
If you’re looking for a simple, basic brownie recipe that doesn’t disappoint – definitely give these a try!
Basic Brownies - You probably have everything you need to make these chocolaty treats!
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly spray a 9x13-in. baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. In another bowl, combine the oil, eggs and vanilla. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Mix just until combined - Do NOT overmix. Spread into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with nuts if desired.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center tests clean.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 162kcal Calories from fat 66|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 7g||11%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
I hope you enjoy! Shared at these fun parties!