Skip all the fuss needed with traditional cannoli. Try these easy-to-make Cannoli Cones instead—a simple sugar cone filled with sweet, creamy ricotta filling.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details.
Living here in Phoenix, we’re surrounded by great food from so many cultures. And luckily, we’ve found a really awesome Italian place in the East Valley.
Side note: If you’re ever in the Phoenix area, you MUST visit DeFalco’s Italian Deli & Grocery – and get a cannoli or two! They’re my absolute favorite! I’d also suggest a Cheese Steak with a side dish of antipasto salad with meat, cheese, peppers, olives, oil, and spices. Those are my three must-have items whenever I visit. Brian loves the calzones. We’ve loved everything we’ve tried, and I don’t think you can go wrong with anything you order there!
One of these days, I’m going to be brave enough to try making cannoli from scratch. The real deal. But for now, I’m more than content to take a few shortcuts like with this Cannoli Cones recipe.
Sure, they’re not authentic … but they are delicious. And sometimes, that’s all you really need.
How to change it up
Sometimes to changes things up, I’ll add grated orange peel to the ricotta mixture. Or I’ll swap out the chocolate chips for pistachios. Or I’ll use chocolate chips AND pistachios. ? Seriously, so good! Don’t be afraid to give it a try! You’ll be glad you gave these Cannoli Cones a try!
Other recipes you may enjoy
- 2/3 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- 10 sugar ice cream cones
- 1 pound full-fat ricotta cheese, drained with a cheesecloth
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Additional dark chocolate chips, for decoration
- Melt dark chocolate chips and dip wide opening of cones in melted chocolate. Place cones facedown on a parchment paper-lined pan until chocolate is hardened.
- With a hand mixer on medium speed, beat ricotta cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract until combined. Add 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips.
- Transfer to a piping bag with a large tip. Pipe cannoli mixture into each cone. Add additional chocolate chips on top of the cannoli filling, for decoration.
Swap out pistachios for the chocolate chips for an equally decadent treat!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 274Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 72mgFiber: 2gSugar: 18gProtein: 7g