Be the star of any party or get-together with these amazingly easy and delicious Mini Cannoli Cups! A real crowd-pleaser!
Wowza – we have been through a ton of sweets in the Love Bakes Good Cakes house! If you think that’s changing today, you would be wrong …. Due to all of the dessert recipes I have made for the past two months, I am thinking I need to get with the “healthy” (or at least healthier) program in January. Yeah, January. That’s it. Seriously … I have a healthy (healthier) series coming up later this month and into January. Y’all know I’m going to need all the help I can get!
When we entertain, I love to share recipes (especially desserts!) that wow my guests. Although I have made quite a few recipe-begging desserts in my day, I love the ones that “seem” complicated but are really easy … it adds to the “wow factor,” don’t you think?! These Mini Cannoli Cups are one of those recipes! So divine and indulgent, but super easy to make! The fact that they are bite-sized really adds to their appeal! People love them! With Christmas just a few days away, and then the New Year, these are the perfect party food – your guests are sure to LOVE them!
- 1 container (15 oz) whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. finely grated orange or lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 box Pillsbury™ refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- 3 tbsp. turbinado sugar (raw sugar)
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips or finely chopped pistachios
- Additional powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Lightly flour a work surface and unroll the pie crusts. Sprinkle both of the pie crusts with turbinado sugar and cinnamon. Gently roll a rolling pin over the top of the pie crusts to press the sugar and cinnamon into the dough. With a 2½-inch round cookie/biscuit cutter, cut out pastry rounds. Gently press each pastry round into ungreased mini muffin cups. (Note, you may need to gently re-roll the pie crusts and cut out more circles until you have 48 circles.)
- Bake the crusts 10 minutes, or until golden brown. Allow cannoli cups to cool completely in the pans, about 15 minutes, before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- While the cups are cooling, prepare the filling by beating all of the filling ingredients with an electric mixer on medium speed in a large mixing bowl until creamy. Place the filling in a 1-gallon zip-top resealable bag. Seal bag. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, remove the filling from the refrigerator. Snip one corner off of the bag and pipe approximately 1 tablespoon of filling into the cooled pastry cups. Sprinkle cups with mini chocolate chips or chopped pistachios. Dust with powdered sugar. Serve immediately.
*NOTE: Store any remaining pastry cups at room temperature and filling in the refrigerator.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 52Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 27mgFiber: 0gSugar: 3gProtein: 1g
Other Posts You May Enjoy: