This California Chicken Wrap is an easy lunch or dinner idea! No need to heat up the kitchen! #coolsummer #wraps
California Chicken Wrap
I have to be honest with y’all … even food bloggers have days where they don’t feel like cooking dinner. Of course, we still have to feed our families. I have been known to resort to cereal for dinner or I’ll tell the kids that its a “fend for themselves kind of day” – basically they can have whatever they can find that’s easy and doesn’t make a huge mess! Those days are pretty rare, but they do happen sometimes.
It’s been over 100°F for days and days here in Phoenix …. and some days, the heat just takes it out of you. You don’t wanna do nothin’ – not even make dinner! I almost always have plenty of fresh veggies on hand to make a quick sandwich or wrap with whatever deli meats we have on hand. Here’s on of my family’s favorite meals (lunch or dinner!) when mama doesn’t feel like cookin’ …. Enjoy!!
Other Posts You May Enjoy:
Other recipes you may enjoy
- 2 large flour tortillas, warmed
- 2 slices Monterey Jack cheese
- 8-12 thin deli-style chicken slices
- Small handful of fresh spinach
- 1 small avocado, pitted and cut into slices
- 1 small Roma tomato, sliced
- 1/4 cup Ranch dressing
- Layer the ingredients in the order given, dividing the ingredients evenly between the two tortillas.
- Roll the tortilla up "burrito-style" around the ingredients.
Cut in half on a bias, if desired.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 842Total Fat: 59gSaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 139mgSodium: 999mgFiber: 7gSugar: 4gProtein: 40g
Originally published on June 12, 2014. Updated on April 29, 2021.