This California Chicken Wrap is an easy lunch or dinner idea! No need to heat up the kitchen! #coolsummer #wraps
I have to be honest with y’all … even food bloggers have days where they don’t feel like cooking dinner. Of course, we still have to feed our families. I have been known to resort to cereal for dinner or I’ll tell the kids that its a “fend for themselves kind of day” – basically they can have whatever they can find that’s easy and doesn’t make a huge mess! Those days are pretty rare, but they do happen sometimes.
It’s been over 100°F for days and days here in Phoenix …. and some days, the heat just takes it out of you. You don’t wanna do nothin’ – not even make dinner! I almost always have plenty of fresh veggies on hand to make a quick sandwich or wrap with whatever deli meats we have on hand. Here’s on of my family’s favorite meals (lunch or dinner!) when mama doesn’t feel like cookin’ …. Enjoy!!
- 2 large flour tortillas, warmed
- 2 slices Monterey Jack cheese
- 8-12 thin deli-style chicken slices
- Small handful of fresh spinach
- 1 small avocado, pitted and cut into slices
- 1 small Roma tomato, sliced
- 1/4 cup Ranch dressing
- Layer the ingredients in the order given, dividing the ingredients evenly between the two tortillas.
- Roll the tortilla up "burrito-style" around the ingredients.
Cut in half on a bias, if desired.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 842Total Fat: 59gSaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 139mgSodium: 999mgFiber: 7gSugar: 4gProtein: 40g
Other Posts You May Enjoy: