These Boo-nanas are a healthy and fun Halloween treat! They’re easy to make and kids love them!
Is it just me or is this year just flying by? I can hardly believe we’re already in the middle of October! I’m already seeing Christmas stuff creeping onto the internet – and I am soooo not ready for it. Please, tell me I’m not alone?!
Our local store had a great price on bananas this week, so I bought a bunch …. as in, quite a few bunches! My kiddos love to snack on them or they have one with their breakfast. Since we had so many, I thought it would be fun for the kiddos to make something different with them. These “Boo-nanas” were so much fun and the kiddos just loved them!
Really, they couldn’t be easier – bananas, white candy melts, coconut and raisins. Easy peasy. Plus, the kids think it’s kinda cool! Cool food is always a win!
by Jamie @ Love Bakes Good Cakes
- 4 bananas, peeled and cut in half
- 1½-2 cups white candy melts
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 16 raisins
- popsicle sticks
1. Lay out a strip of wax paper large enough to hold the bananas.
2. Melt candy melts according to package directions.
3. Place popsicle sticks into the cut side of the bananas. Carefully dip and coat the bananas in the melted candy melts.
4. Immediately roll into and sprinkle with coconut. Place two raisins on the banana for eyes.
5. Allow to set on waxed paper until candy coating hardens.
Powered by Recipage
Here’s a picture of Gabriel and his Boo-nana!
Other Posts You May Enjoy: