These Boo-nanas are a healthy and fun Halloween treat! They’re easy to make and kids love them!
Is it just me or is this year just flying by? I can hardly believe we’re already in the middle of October! I’m already seeing Christmas stuff creeping onto the internet – and I am soooo not ready for it. Please, tell me I’m not alone?!
Our local store had a great price on bananas this week, so I bought a bunch …. as in, quite a few bunches! My kiddos love to snack on them or they have one with their breakfast. Since we had so many, I thought it would be fun for the kiddos to make something different with them. These “Boo-nanas” were so much fun and the kiddos just loved them!
Really, they couldn’t be easier – bananas, white candy melts, coconut and raisins. Easy peasy. Plus, the kids think it’s kinda cool! Cool food is always a win!
These Boo-nanas are a healthy and fun Halloween treat! They're easy to make and kids love them!
- 4 bananas, peeled and cut in half
- 1 1/2-2 cups white candy melts
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 16 raisins
- popsicle sticks
- Lay out a strip of wax paper large enough to hold the bananas.
- Melt candy melts according to package directions.
- Place popsicle sticks into the cut side of the bananas. Carefully dip and coat the bananas in the melted candy melts.
- Immediately roll into and sprinkle with coconut. Place two raisins on the banana for eyes.
- Allow to set on waxed paper until candy coating hardens.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 306kcal Calories from fat 166|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 18g||28%|
|Saturated Fat 13g||65%|
|Dietary Fiber 6g||24%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
Here’s a picture of Gabriel and his Boo-nana!
Other Posts You May Enjoy: