Baked Monterey Chicken – baked chicken slathered with BBQ sauce and topped with two kinds of cheese, bacon, tomatoes, and green onions. Make dinner delicious tonight!
Monterey Chicken recipe
We eat a lot of chicken in the Love Bakes Good Cakes house … a lot. of. Chicken. So much so that my mom has a running joke with me when we talk about what’s for dinner – she almost always guesses that we have some chicken dish …. and 9 times out of 10, she’s right.
What can I say? We like chicken. A lot. ???
Growing up, my Dad would be deployed for his job in the US Navy – usually for 6 months (or more) at a time. When I was a kid, I imagined he was on some Carnival Cruise Lines type of “cruise” when he’d leave. I bet he wishes it was like that!! When he would come home, he would joke (maybe not joke?) that the mess cooks had 365 ways to cook chicken … and I think I might have them beat with the number of ways to make chicken!
Oh, yes! We have lots of chicken recipes that we love in the LBGC house, including this Baked Monterey Chicken. It’s quick, easy, and delicious! Plus, it uses some of our favorite ingredients (chicken, bacon, BBQ sauce, and cheese) in one chicken dish!
I love to serve this with a side of Mexican rice and seasoned black beans. It’s a meal the entire family loves! I hope you’ll give it a try!
Other recipes you may enjoy
Baked Monterey Chicken
Baked chicken slathered with BBQ sauce and topped with two kinds of cheese, bacon, tomatoes, and green onions. Make dinner delicious tonight!
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 2 roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Place chicken breasts in a single layer in a large baking dish. Brush both sides of each chicken breast evenly with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and brush the tops and sides of each chicken breast evenly with BBQ Sauce. Return the chicken to the oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and sprinkle both kinds of cheese evenly over the top of the chicken breasts. Evenly sprinkle the bacon over the top. Return the chicken to the oven for 3-5 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the chicken is no longer pink.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and evenly top with tomatoes and green onions. Loosely cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and let the chicken rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 374Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 102mgSodium: 605mgFiber: 1gSugar: 9gProtein: 29g
You can never have too many ways to make chicken. This one looks delicious. The whole dinner looks like something I'd happily enjoy!
Mmmmmm cheese, is there anything better with chicken, well with any thing for that matter
This is amazing! I have made it about 3 times, my whole family loves it, which is unusual. It comes out super juicy and with layers of flavor. It’s even fantastic leftover! Thank you fir sharing 🙂
I would like to THANK YOU for always having the greatest recipes. Found out that I use your recipes more than anyone else’s. Love your posts. Keep up the good work.
Susan M Dubee
Made this tonight it was a hit