This Chili Dog Casserole is a spin on traditional chili dogs! It’s quick, easy and delicious … but more importantly, family approved! #chilidogs #quickandeasymealideas #casserole
Does September mean the beginning of Fall to you? To me, anything after Labor Day all the way until Thanksgiving is considered “Fall.” It’s funny to me how my menu changes based on the seasons …. maybe yours does, too?
Since Fall is practically here (in my book), that means it’s time to break out the casseroles and soups! Yay – all the great food is one of my favorite things about Fall! Today, I’ve got an easy and delicious Chili Dog Casserole. This one is family approved – and it’s one of our favorite ways to have hot dogs! Of course, how could you not love something slathered in chili and cheese?! Exactly.
Chili Dog Casserole
This Chili Dog Casserole is a spin on traditional chili dogs! It's quick, easy and delicious ... but more importantly, family approved!
- 1 pkg. (16 oz.) hot dogs
- 1 pkg. 6-8-in. flour tortillas, warmed
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- A few shakes of Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
- 8 oz. can of water (use the empty tomato sauce can)
- 1 can (15-16 oz.) pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups (6 oz.) Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Topping ideas: Chopped Onions, mustard (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray a 9x13-in. baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, cook and crumble the ground beef with the onion, salt and pepper until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Return the beef and onions to the pan; add Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, cumin, tomato sauce, water and beans. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to medium-low, stirring occasionally until it reaches your desired consistency. (I like our about the consistency of Sloppy Joe's - but make it how your family likes it). Remove from heat and set aside.
- Meanwhile, wrap each hot dog in a tortilla like a burrito. Place seam side down in the prepared pan. Spread the chili sauce evenly over the top. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover with foil and bake for 25-30 minutes. Top individual portions with chopped onion or mustard, if desired.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 666kcal Calories from fat 358|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 40g||62%|
|Saturated Fat 15g||75%|
|Dietary Fiber 6g||24%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
Other Posts You May Enjoy:
I hope you enjoy! Shared at these
Don’t forget to share and comment ♥
Copyright © Love Bakes Good Cakes 2012-2013 All Rights Reserved