These Keto Bacon Sun-Dried Tomato Truffles make the perfect low-carb appetizer for game day, potlucks, or the holiday season! Whether or not you’re on the keto diet, you’re going to love how savory they are.
Table of contents
These tasty low-carb snacks will probably be making an appearance at our Super Bowl party this year. I guess I’m “extra” like that!!
I like to try any new recipes a time or two with my family before sharing them with the whole crowd for a holiday/party. And I think I found a great recipe with these awesome Keto Bacon Sun-Dried Tomato Truffles!
My family absolutely loved these truffles. So much so that they will DEFINITELY be making an appearance at a lot of our gatherings, honestly. They’re just so easy to make, not to mention delicious! I want to make them a tradition now!
Lately, I have been making a batch of these truffles just for snacking purposes – they’re just that good.
If you’re doing the keto or a low-carb diet, by the way, this recipe makes for great savory fat bombs! But even if you’re not doing keto, I can’t even begin to describe the delicious filling flavors. Tomatoes, garlic, cream cheese, bacon, now I’m drooling just sitting here. Ha!
This recipe also makes for great keto snacks on-the-go recipe!
I originally shared this recipe as a review of “Everyday Ketogenic Kitchen” cookbook by Carolyn Ketchum, and it’s a fantastic book for those who are looking for delicious low-carb appetizers or other low-carb recipes.
Honestly, these are so SO good that I want to make them for everyone, even if they’re not on the keto diet! Who knew “diet” food could taste so good?! Enjoy!
Keto Fat Bombs: Ingredients & Equipment
For this Keto Bacon and Sun-Dried Tomato Truffle recipe, you’ll need …
- cream cheese – softened. The base of your truffles or fat bomb.
- butter, sun-dried tomatoes, salt, and garlic powder – these ingredients form the rest of your truffle or fat bomb alongside the cream cheese. Make sure the butter is salted, and the tomatoes are drained and chopped!
- cooked bacon and fresh parsley – both finely chopped. The tasty outer layer of your truffles! You’ll roll the cream cheese balls in these at the end of the recipe.
- bowls – for mixing your ingredients. You’ll need one for the cream cheese mixture and one for the bacon/parsley.
How to make easy keto snacks
First, make your cream cheese mixture. In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, butter, sun-dried tomatoes, salt, and garlic powder with a rubber spatula. Mix until it’s well combined. Refrigerate the mixture until it’s firm, which should take about 30 minutes.
Next, form your truffles. In another medium bowl, combine the bacon and parsley. Using wet hands, roll the cream cheese mixture into 1-inch balls, then roll each ball into the bacon and parsley mixture to coat.
Finally, chill those truffles … and serve! Keep the truffles chilled until you’re ready to eat them. They’re best within two days!
Keto Bacon Sun-Dried Tomato Truffles: FAQs
You can serve them with toothpicks on their own or serve them with crackers. You can also use thick cucumber slices as “crackers.”
This should yield about 16 truffles!
The prep time is about 10 minutes, and the time to let the mixture chill is about 30 minutes. It’s very hands-off.
Other recipes you may enjoy
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons salted butter, softened
- 1 ounce oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 slices bacon, cooked crisp and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, butter, sun-dried tomatoes, salt, and garlic powder. Mix with a rubber spatula until well combined. Refrigerate the mixture until firm, about 30 minutes.
- In another medium bowl, combine the bacon and parsley. Using wet hands, roll the cream cheese mixture into 1-inch balls, then roll each ball into the bacon and parsley mixture to coat.
- Keep the truffles chilled until ready to serve. They are best eaten within 2 days.
- Serve with toothpicks on their own, or serve with crackers or thick cucumber slices (as "crackers").
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 86Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 279mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 3g
Please note that the nutritional information listed on this page is an estimation based on the products I used. Ingredients and nutritional information can vary greatly between brands. Always be sure to read labels.
Originally published on October 23, 2017. Updated on January 19, 2023.