Enjoy these Feta Straws with Pesto and Tomato with some leftover pesto, sun-dried tomatoes and feta cheese. What a delicious combination that your family will love!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details.
Pesto, Tomato and Feta Straws
We are not big snackers at our house. However, every now and then, it is nice to have something quick and easy to munch on. I saw a recipe for Cheese & Mustard Straws over at With a Blast.
I pinned it immediately, knowing I wanted to try it soon. (I love Linda and her blog, I think I need to drop by her house for dinner one night!) I had some leftover pesto, sun-dried tomatoes and feta cheese that I wanted to use up and thought her concept would be perfect! My family loved them. My only complaint was I should have made more! Yum! Thanks for the great idea, Linda! 🙂
Other recipes you may enjoy
- 1 roll frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 2 tablespoons prepared pesto sauce
- 1-2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes in oil, patted dry and chopped
- 2 ounces Feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Carefully unroll the puff pastry. Spread pesto sauce over half of the dough - width-wise (shorter direction). Top with tomatoes and Feta. Flip the plain part of the dough over the part with all the ingredients. Slightly press down with your hands to seal.
- Using a pizza cutter or knife, cut the dough into 1-inch strips. Carefully twist the ends and place on the baking sheet. Repeat with remaining strips.
- Brush the tops with the beaten eggs.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes or until the straws are golden brown and crispy.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 50Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 89mgFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 2g
Originally published on November 9, 2012. Updated on April 21, 2021.