We are not big snackers at our house. However, every now and then, it is nice to have something quick and easy to munch on. I saw a recipe for Cheese & Mustard Straws over at With a Blast. I pinned it immediately, knowing I wanted to try it soon. (I love Linda and her blog …. I think I need to drop by her house for dinner one night!)
- 1 roll frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 2 tbsp. prepared pesto sauce
- 1-2 tbsp. sun-dried tomatoes in oil, patted dry and chopped
- 2 oz. Feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Carefully unroll the puff pastry. Spread pesto sauce over half of the dough - width-wise (shorter direction). Top with tomatoes and Feta. Flip the plain part of the dough over the part with all the ingredients. Slightly press down with your hands to seal.
- Using a pizza cutter or knife, cut the dough into 1-in. strips. Carefully twist the ends and place on the baking sheet. Repeat with remaining strips.
- Brush the tops with the beaten eggs.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes or until the straws are golden brown and crispy.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 50Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 89mgFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 2g
Shared at these
Don’t forget to like, share and comment ♥
Copyright © Love Bakes Good Cakes 2012 All Rights Reserved