This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details.
We are not big snackers at our house. However, every now and then, it is nice to have something quick and easy to munch on. I saw a recipe for Cheese & Mustard Straws over at With a Blast. I pinned it immediately, knowing I wanted to try it soon. (I love Linda and her blog …. I think I need to drop by her house for dinner one night!)
- 1 roll frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 2 tbsp. prepared pesto sauce
- 1-2 tbsp. sun-dried tomatoes in oil, patted dry and chopped
- 2 oz. Feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Carefully unroll the puff pastry. Spread pesto sauce over half of the dough - width-wise (shorter direction). Top with tomatoes and Feta. Flip the plain part of the dough over the part with all the ingredients. Slightly press down with your hands to seal.
- Using a pizza cutter or knife, cut the dough into 1-in. strips. Carefully twist the ends and place on the baking sheet. Repeat with remaining strips.
- Brush the tops with the beaten eggs.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes or until the straws are golden brown and crispy.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 50Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 89mgFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 2g
Shared at these
Don’t forget to like, share and comment ♥
Copyright © Love Bakes Good Cakes 2012 All Rights Reserved