Discover the perfect balance of flavors with this Apple Zucchini Bread, a wholesome and moist quick bread featuring fresh zucchini, sweet apples, and warm spices. This scrumptious recipe is great for breakfast, snacking, or sharing with friends and family.
Table of contents
Apple Zucchini Bread
I absolutely love zucchini bread! It’s my favorite zucchini recipe, probably. It’s easy just to throw together in a matter of minutes, y’all. You bake it in the oven and have a fresh slice right when it comes out, and don’t forget that slice of butter on top. Yum!
Today though, I added a little fall twist to zucchini bread by adding apples! Of course, you don’t have to wait until fall to enjoy this yummy bread!
I also replaced some of the oil in the “traditional recipe” with applesauce, and it is still just as moist. The result? Apple Zucchini Bread – one of the best autumn (or any time!!) treats ever!
You may think that apple plus zucchini is a weird mix, but it’s scrumptious! I can’t even explain it with any other words besides that. It’s so so good! And my kids’ review? They loved this, even though it’s full of fruits and veggies. In fact, it was great for a snack after school or even for breakfast, or even as French toast.
I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
Apple Zucchini Bread: Ingredients & Equipment
For this Apple Zucchini Bread recipe, you’ll need …
- bread flour – you can also use all-purpose for this recipe. Flour lends any bread or baked goods its texture.
- baking powder, baking soda – instead of yeast, this quick bread uses baking powder and soda, which will “fluff” up the bread and give it a light airiness.
- eggs – in any baked recipe, eggs bind the ingredients together.
- sugar – for sweetness.
- vanilla and salt – these two ingredients bring out the flavors of everything else when included in a baked recipe, even if you’re not going for something salty or vanilla-flavored!
- cinnamon – for a dash of that DELICIOUS earthy flavor!!
- applesauce, squash, chopped apples – these provide your bread with the taste of fall! Just remember that chunks of the apples especially will remain after baking.
- oil – this is a moist bread, and oil helps it stay that way.
- nuts – optional, if you want more crunch in your bread. Use any you like!
- bread loaf pans – this is all you’ll need to make tasty, tasty apple zucchini bread.
How to make Apple Zucchini Bread
First, prep your supplies. Preheat oven to 350F and grease 3 bread loaf pans.
Next, make your batter. Mix all ingredients together. Pour them into the bread pans.
Finally, bake and enjoy! Bake at 350F for 45 minutes to 1 hour. (The time may vary depending on your oven! Be sure to insert a toothpick in the center of the loaf to make sure the bread is done.)
Apple Zucchini Bread: FAQs
About 2-3 loaves, depending on how many loaf pans you use/need.
The prep time is 15 minutes, and the cooking time is about an hour.
I tend to find the most success with Honeycrisp, personally! Just remember to core, peel, and chop them.
Either one! I’ve used both and couldn’t really tell the difference both times.
Other recipes you may enjoy
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 4 cups fresh or 2 cups frozen squash
- 2 apples, cored, peeled, and chopped (I used Honeycrisp)
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups + 3 tablespoons bread flour (you can use all-purpose too)
- 1-1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350; grease 3 bread loaf pans.
- Mix all ingredients together; pour into 2-3 bread pans, it will depend on the size of the pans you use.
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Time may vary depending on your oven and pan size/ Be sure to insert a toothpick in the center of the loaf to make sure the bread is done.
This recipe was originally contributed by Sandra from Dash of Sanity.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Glass Measuring Cup Set (3-Piece, Microwave and Oven Safe)
Stainless Steel Metal Measuring Spoons, Fits in Spice Jar, Set of 6 with bonus Leveler
Stainless Steel Measuring Cups - 5 Piece Stackable Measuring Set
Silicone Spatula Set of 4
Pyrex Glass Mixing Bowl Set (3-Piece)
Bread Loaf Pan, 9.5 x 5 Inch, Set of 2
10-Inch Bread Knife
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 252Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 35mgSodium: 263mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 2gSugar: 29gProtein: 3g
Please note that the nutritional information listed on this page is an estimation based on the products I used. Ingredients and nutritional information can vary significantly between brands. Always be sure to read labels. Please verify that a recipe fits your needs before using it. Nutrition info may contain errors, so please verify it independently. Likewise, recipes may contain errors, so please use your common sense when following them.
Originally published on October 10, 2014. Updated on April 6, 2023.