I don’t know about your family, but Italian food and pasta, ranks pretty high on my family’s list of favorite foods. Brian would probably say it is his favorite! Although we could eat our fair share of spaghetti or lasagna or baked ziti or whatever, sometimes, I like something just a little bit different. This Pork & Zucchini Pasta Ragu is a quick and simple family meal that’s sure to please!
I know I’m a little late getting this post out today …. it’s been one of “those” weeks. Nothing seems to be going right, there’s a hundred million things to do and never enough time – don’t ya hate days like that?!
School will be starting here in Arizona next week, and truthfully, I am more than ready – not because my kids will be gone (we homeschool) but because we need the structured environment that lacks in the summer. Anyone who knows me will tell you I have tons of lists and I am a very, very organized person – in a very OCD sort of way. Some of our structured life gets pushed to the wayside in lieu of summer fun and lazy days …. just like most families. I think the lack of structure makes me feel like a dog chasing his tail – and at least for me, it’s fun for a little while but I just can’t do it long term. I find my kiddos wanting the structure too.
Anyways, the only reason that stuff is remotely important is because we all know that with back-to-school, comes the need for quick and easy meal ideas. If you’re looking for something a little different that won’t keep you stuck in the kitchen, be sure to give this Pork & Zucchini Pasta Ragu a try! Enjoy!
- 1 lb. penne
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1-1 1/2 lb. boneless pork chops, cut into bite-sized cubes
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (29 oz.) stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (16 oz.) tomato sauce
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-in. slices
- Cook pasta according to the package directions
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, add the oil. Cook the pork and onion over medium heat until it is no longer pink. Add the tomatoes, tomato sauce and Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil, reduce heat. Cover and cook for 7 minutes. Drain the pasta and add to the skillet. Stir in the zucchini and cook 3-5 minutes or until the zucchini is tender-crisp. Serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 514Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 60mgSodium: 571mgFiber: 7gSugar: 10gProtein: 33g