If I had to confess, Fall is probably my second favorite season – with Spring being my favorite. If we were just talking about on a food level, Fall would win my vote hands down. Pumpkin, apples and lots of spices …. what’s not to love?
This month’s Lady Behind the Curtain Dessert Challenge was to use Apples and Cinnamon. I couldn’t believe I didn’t make or share any crisp recipes last year, so I thought I’d redeem myself this year with my Apple Crisp for One. Of course, it’s easy enough to double, triple, quadruple … or even make it times 20 if you want to.
I made these using Gala apples, but any baking type apple would be great. If you’re feeling super indulgent, you can drizzle a bit of caramel over the top and serve the crisp with a scoop of vanilla (or cinnamon – I’ve been looking for it in the stores, but haven’t seen any locally yet!!) ice cream!
If you’re a blogger and you are interested in learning more about the dessert challenge, be sure to stop by Sheryl’s blog for more information! 🙂 Let’s check out that Apple Crisp for One now:
Apple Crisp for One
I made these using Gala apples, but any baking type apple would be great. If you're feeling super indulgent, you can drizzle a bit of caramel over the top and serve the crisp with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
- 1 medium apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking oats
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Ice cream, optional
- Place the chopped apples in a small greased ramekin.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour and brown sugar. Cut in the butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add the oats and cinnamon. Sprinkle over the chopped apples.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until tender.
- Serve with ice cream, if desired.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 370kcal Calories from fat 119|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 13g||20%|
|Saturated Fat 8g||40%|
|Dietary Fiber 7g||28%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
I hope you enjoy! Shared at these
Don’t forget to share and comment ♥
Copyright © Love Bakes Good Cakes 2012-2013 All Rights Reserved