This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details.
Apple Crisp for One
If I had to confess, Fall is probably my second favorite season – with Spring being my favorite. If we were just talking about on a food level, Fall would win my vote hands down. Pumpkin, apples and lots of spices …. what’s not to love?
This month’s Lady Behind the Curtain Dessert Challenge was to use Apples and Cinnamon. I couldn’t believe I didn’t make or share any crisp recipes last year, so I thought I’d redeem myself this year with my Apple Crisp for One. Of course, it’s easy enough to double, triple, quadruple … or even make it times 20 if you want to.
I made these using Gala apples, but any baking type apple would be great. If you’re feeling super indulgent, you can drizzle a bit of caramel over the top and serve the crisp with a scoop of vanilla (or cinnamon – I’ve been looking for it in the stores, but haven’t seen any locally yet!!) ice cream!
If you’re a blogger and you are interested in learning more about the dessert challenge, be sure to stop by Sheryl’s blog for more information! 🙂 Let’s check out that Apple Crisp for One now:
Other recipes you may enjoy
- 1 medium apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking oats
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Ice cream, optional
- Place the chopped apples in a small greased ramekin.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour and brown sugar. Cut in the butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add the oats and cinnamon. Sprinkle over the chopped apples.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until tender.
- Serve with ice cream, if desired.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 370Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 9mgFiber: 7gSugar: 37gProtein: 5g
Originally published on September 12, 2013. Updated on April 24, 2021.