So apparently, I have been living under a rock. Although I have heard of Taco Soup, I had not had it until recently. I knew it was some kind of ground meat, beans, corn, a packet of Ranch dressing and taco seasoning mixture – all made into a soup.
So apparently, I have been living under a rock. Although I have heard of Taco Soup, I had not had it until recently. I knew it was some kind of ground meat, beans, corn, a packet of Ranch dressing and taco seasoning mixture - all made into a soup.
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves, garlic, minced
- 1 can (15 oz.) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 oz.) red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 oz.) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) Mexican-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (10 oz.) Ro-Tel tomatoes, undrained
- 1 envelope (1 oz.) Taco seasoning mix
- 1 envelope (1 oz.) dry Ranch dressing mix
- 3 cups beef broth or water
- Shredded Cheddar cheese, optional
- Fritos or Tortilla Chips, optional
- Chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
- In a soup pot, combine the ground beef, onion and garlic. Cook and crumble the beef until it is no longer pink. Drain. Combine the remaining ingredients except for the Cheddar, chips, and cilantro. Simmer for about 45 minutes to an hour.
- Serve with Cheddar cheese and chips. Garnish with cilantro.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 652kcal Calories from fat 305|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 34g||52%|
|Saturated Fat 12g||60%|
|Dietary Fiber 12g||48%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
I hope you enjoy!
Shared at these
**Don’t forget to link up YOUR Soup Recipes HERE**
Copyright © Love Bakes Good Cakes 2012 All Rights Reserved