Try these Chipotle Lime Chicken Tacos for a real treat! If you love tacos like we do, you will want to add this to your recipe library.
Chipotle Lime Chicken Tacos
I have been craving tacos for days now ….. and I needed to get my “fix”. I wanted something a little more funky and spicy than our usual taco fare. Chipotle peppers and lime to the rescue!
These chicken tacos are an easy meal because the slow cooker does all the works for you! Fix it and forget it! You could easily adapt it to the oven or stove top if you’d like.
What are you waiting for … ¡ándale! ¡ándale! ¡arriba! ¡arriba! … It’s time to make some tacos!
Other recipes you may enjoy
Chipotle Lime Chicken Tacos
What are you waiting for ... ¡ándale! ¡ándale! ¡arriba! ¡arriba! ... It's time to make some tacos!
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 2 chipotle chilies in adobo, finely minced (or more to taste)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 cup water
- Tortillas, warmed
- Lettuce, shredded
- Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Tomatoes, chopped
- Sour cream (optional)
- Place chicken in the bottom of a slow cooker. Season with salt and pepper. In a small bowl, combine the lime zest, juice, chipotle chilies, chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano and water. Mix to combine. Pour over the top of the chicken. Cover and cook over LOW heat for 6-8 hours or on HIGH for 3-4 hours, or until chicken shreds easily with a fork.
- Remove the chicken from the slow cooker and shred the meat. Add some of the sauce from the slow cooker for moisture.
- Top tortillas with the chicken mixture. Then add desired toppings such as lettuce, cheese, tomatoes and sour cream.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 116Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 62mgSodium: 300mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 20g
Originally published on May 23, 2013. Updated on April 23, 2021.
cooking with curls
YUM!!! I love Mexican food:)
Oh man those are gorgeous! I love that you got a little char on the tortillas. Wonderful recipe Jamie!
Happy Valley Chow
These sound really good! I love tacos!
I've been looking for teenager friendly slow cooker meals for the summer months. This one will be perfect.
Tacos=heaven..these look delicious Jamie!
Erin @ Table for Seven
YUMMO! These look fabulous! This would be great to link-up to my Create It Thursday party…it's live now! http://www.lambertslately.com/2013/05/create-it-thursday-3-plus-features.html
Walking on Sunshine
Looks delicious! Sharing with my Walking on Sunshine page TODAY! Thanks for linking up with Foodie Friends Friday!
This one looks even more delicious than the last!! YUMMY Can't wait to try it! Thanks for sharing with Foodie Friends Friday! Zannie from mymixingspoon.com
Wishing you a peaceful Memorial Day Weekend and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
Come Back Soon,
Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friday
Slice of Southern
I just LOVE these tacos! Great flavor combo. What kinda of tortillas are you using? They look so toasty, I just love that look.
These look fabulous! I've been on such a taco kick lately!
These look fabulous! I've pinned them to make later – thank you for such a yummy recipe! I also love that it is allergy-free!
Oh gosh. I thought the fiesta chicken and rice looked good. This speaks to me even more. Will have to put this on the menu very soon. Thank you for linking every week. I appreciate the support!
These look awesome, Jamie! Just pinned – thanks!!
These sound awesome; we love Tapatio! 🙂
I gain wait just by reading your blog…Everything sounds and looks so delish! Thank you for linking up at HickoryTrail
Spicy is nicey! Thanks for posting on Tried and True recipes: http://rediscovermom.blogspot.com/2013/05/tried-and-true-recipe-14.html
🙂 Oh, those tacos! Mmmmmm! Thank you so much for linking up with me this week at Tasty Tuesdays! I’ve pinned this & shared it with my followers! Please be sure to stop back by tomorrow & link up your best “man food” recipes in honor of Father’s Day!
Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
These look amazing Jamie! I pinned these for later! Thanks for sharing on Facebook!