This Sweet & Spicy Steak Stir Fry recipe is quick and easy! Dinner can be done in less than half and hour! I hope you’ll give it a try!
Sweet & Spicy Steak Stir Fry
This recipe is so quick and easy! While the rice is cooking, you can prep and cook the stir fry – and dinner can be done in less than half and hour! Sound like your kind of meal? I hope you’ll give it a try!
Other recipes you may enjoy
Sweet & Spicy Steak Stir Fry
- 1 to 1-1/2 pounds boneless sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 bunches green onions w/ tops, cut into 2-inch pieces, cut the white portion in half lengthwise
- 1/2 cup unsulphered molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- Hot cooked rice, for serving
- In a large skillet or wok, stir fry the beef in oil for 4-5 minutes. Add the green onions, molasses, salt, and cayenne.
- Stir fry the mixture for 4-5 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve over rice.
- If you prefer, you can also cut the beef into bite-sized cubes (about 1/2-inch to 1-inch cubes).
- Make this dish even easier and faster by looking for beef stir-fry meat in your grocer's meat case.
- Try this recipe with fresh broccoli, bell pepper with onion, fresh snow peas, or fresh green beans in place of the green onions.
- For a thinner sauce, omit the salt and add a few tablespoons of soy sauce.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 506Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 139mgSodium: 273mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 0gSugar: 21gProtein: 42g
Please note that the nutritional information listed on this page is an estimation based on the products I used. Ingredients and nutritional information can vary significantly between brands. Always be sure to read labels. Please verify that a recipe fits your needs before using it. Nutrition info may contain errors, so please verify it independently. Likewise, recipes may contain errors, so please use your common sense when following them.
Originally published on June 19, 2013. Updated on April 23, 2021.
This looks yummy! Thanks for the recipe!
Linda @ With A Blast
Looks awesome, Jamie! Love the sweetness in the recipe 🙂
That looks really good !!! I'm gonna make it ! Thank you !
Cindy Eikenberg, Little Miss Celebration
Jamie, we love stir fry and this looks totally delicious! Pinning, thanks for sharing and have a wonderful Wednesday!
This sounds like my kind of foodies!!! Pinned:)
Another one of your fabulous quick & easy recipes to pin Jamie! You had me at molasses 🙂
This has to make it to my menu planning next week! It looks amazing!
I hope you come by and linkup with us at
Oh wow that sounds delicious! Fantastic recipe 🙂 Feel free to stop by my link party and share your Facebook page!
Happy Valley Chow
Stopping in from SITS and I'm so glad I did! Pinning this for future reference!
This looks simply delicious!
Just pinned! This looks FANTASTIC!!! Yum!
~Jen @ Yummy Healthy Easy
Interesting with the molasses. And hesitant to make it because of the molasses!
Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday. Hope you are having a great weekend and come back soon!
Oh my goodness that sounds delicious!! I love stir fry anything.
Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friday
I love the molasses with steak idea… have to pin this. Thanks for sharing it with us on foodie friday.
I love sweet. I love spicy. I love steak. I love stir-fry. Think I'll like this? 😉 Thanks for sharing at Inspire Us Thursday.
cooking with curls
We love stir fry, so this will be perfect!!! It looks delicious:)
This does sound like my kind of meal. So does the shrimp recipe!
Thanks for sharing at the In and Out of the Kitchen Link Party! So glad you dropped by!
This sounds delicious and super easy. It kinda reminds me of Mongolian Beef but looks ALOT easier to make. Perfect!
Krista @ joyfulhealthyeats