Frito Pie is one of those meals that makes a pound of hamburger stretch!! Seriously, it’ll feed 8 people with this recipe! Enjoy!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details.
This recipe is something relatively new to me ….. I never had it growing up. At least, not to my knowledge. Actually, I can probably count on one, maybe two hands, the number of times I have ever eaten it in my entire life. This is one of those meals that makes a pound of hamburger stretch!! Seriously, it’ll feed 8 people with this recipe! Enjoy!
Other recipes you may enjoy
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 packet (1.25 oz.) taco seasoning - or try my homemade version!
- 1 can (2.25 oz) sliced black olives, drained
- 1 can (8 oz.) refrigerated crescent roll dough
- Approximately 2 cups of coarsely crushed Fritos chips, divided
- 1 cup (8 oz.) sour cream
- 1 can (4 oz.) chopped green chilies
- 1 1/2 cups (6 oz.) Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Optional toppings: Sour cream, salsa
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook and crumble the beef with the onion until meat is no longer pink. Drain if necessary. Stir in the tomato sauce, taco seasoning and black olives.
- Unroll the crescent dough into the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking dish, making sure to seal the seams. Sprinkle about half of the Fritos over the dough. Top with the meat mixture.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream and the green chilies. Spread evenly over the top of the meat mixture. Evenly top with the remaining Fritos and then the cheese.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until the crust is cooked and the pie is heated through. Serve with additional sour cream or salsa if desired.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 401Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 77mgSodium: 875mgFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 19g
Originally published on June 17, 2013.