This Guacamole Pasta makes a quick, easy and fresh dinner idea! Serve it as a meatless main dish or alongside grilled chicken or steak! If you love guacamole, you will LOVE this pasta dish!
Feliz Cinco de Mayo, amigos! I am always down for some Mexican food and a reason to party! In the Love Bakes Good Cakes house, we have been enjoying Cinco de Mayo for the last two weeks! 😉 Seriously, in my opinion, you cannot limit so much deliciousness to just one day! We’ll finish it up today with Street Tacos, Rice and Beans. Major yum factor!!! Is it dinnertime yet?!
Tomorrow, we switch gears to pizza. I’ve already got the pizza dough made and in the fridge for tomorrow! My kiddos go as gaga for that as I do tacos! But today, we will have a fiesta!
One of my all time, favorite things is guacamole. I could put it on anything and everything – and no Mexican themed meal is complete without it! I wanted to switch things up a bit for dinner – and although I know this is not a traditional Mexican dish, I just could not help myself. My 12 and 14-year-old boys will help me polish off a pan of this Guacamole Pasta like no one’s business!
I made this to have as a meatless main dish – but you could easily serve this as a side dish with grilled chicken or steak! A Mexican-style rub or marinade on that meat would totally send this dish out of this world! Think a Tequila Lime Chicken or Carne Asada …. oh my gosh, I am dying to make this again soon!
With summer on the horizon, and temperatures having already reached the triple digits here in Phoenix, I can’t help but think how fantastic this Guacamole Pasta will be on a hot day! It’s quick and easy to make and it’s not over-filling! Enjoy!
I like an extra little bit of cilantro over the top and a squeeze of lime – my weird 3 and 5-year-old children think because it is pasta, they need Parmesan cheese. Yeah kid, to each their own.
Other Posts You May Enjoy:
- 1 lb. spaghetti noodles
- 3 avocados - peeled, pitted and mashed
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 3 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- Additional cilantro, for garnish (if desired)
- Lime wedges, for garnish (if desired)
- Cook spaghetti noodles according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, mash the avocados, lime juice and salt in a Molcajete or medium bowl. Mix in the onion, cilantro, tomatoes, and garlic. Stir in the cumin. Set aside.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain the water and noodles into a colander. Place the noodles back into the pan. Add the guacamole and mix well.
- Serve immediately. Garnish with additional cilantro and lime wedges, if desired.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 685Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 603mgFiber: 15gSugar: 6gProtein: 19g