Strawberries and Cream Oatmeal make a quick and easy breakfast choice. It’s also healthy, and it helps you get through your busy morning.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details.
Strawberries and Cream Oatmeal
Someone eats oatmeal at our house almost every morning. As a mom, I try to vary the healthy stir-in’s to help encourage them to eat it. One of my favorites, is this “Strawberries and Cream” version. (I like my oatmeal kind of thick and not so runny … as you can see in the picture!)
Grab a bowl and let’s get to work!
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup ripe strawberries, washed and slightly mashed
- sugar, if desired
- In a large*** microwave-safe bowl, combine the oatmeal, milk and vanilla extract.
- Microwave on full-power for 3-5 minutes or until it reaches your desired consistency.
- Add strawberries and stir. Add sugar, if desired.
- Enjoy hot!
*** Please, make sure you use a large bowl so you're not cleaning up your microwave from the oatmeal spillage! Trust me on this.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 346Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 108mgFiber: 6gSugar: 21gProtein: 14g
Originally published on June 8, 2012. Updated on April 21, 2021.