Someone eats oatmeal at our house almost every morning. As a mom, I try to vary the healthy stir-in’s to help encourage them to eat it. One of my favorites, is this “Strawberries and Cream” version. (I like my oatmeal kind of thick and not so runny … as you can see in the picture!)
Grab a bowl and let’s get to work!
Strawberries and Cream Oatmeal - For One
Someone eats oatmeal at our house almost every morning. As a mom, I try to vary the healthy stir-in's to help encourage them to eat it. One of my favorites, is this "Strawberries and Cream" version.
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup ripe strawberries, washed and slightly mashed
- sugar, if desired
- In a large*** microwave-safe bowl, combine the oatmeal, milk and vanilla extract.
- Microwave on full-power for 3-5 minutes or until it reaches your desired consistency.
- Add strawberries and stir. Add sugar, if desired.
- Enjoy hot!
*** Please, make sure you use a large bowl so you're not cleaning up your microwave from the oatmeal spillage! Trust me on this.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 346kcal Calories from fat 97|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 11g||17%|
|Saturated Fat 5g||25%|
|Dietary Fiber 6g||24%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|