Delight your taste buds with the mouthwatering pairing of Tajin-coated Spicy Watermelon Fries and a refreshing Coconut Lime Dipping Sauce. Get ready for an explosion of flavor!
Table of contents
This is a unique and delightful summer recipe. It combines the natural sweetness of watermelon with a kick of spice.
With its juicy and refreshing nature, watermelon is synonymous with summer. This recipe provides a playful and delicious way to enjoy this seasonal fruit. Whether you’re hosting a backyard barbecue or seeking a refreshing snack, this recipe is an ideal choice for its taste and presentation. Its exceptional taste and eye-catching presentation makes it a perfect fit for any gathering or solo indulgence.
To make Spicy Watermelon Fries, cut a fresh watermelon into fry shapes. Coat them generously with Tajin seasoning. The seasoning adds a zesty and slightly spicy flavor profile to the natural sweetness of the watermelon.
To complement the spiciness of the watermelon fries, make Coconut Lime Dipping Sauce. The creamy and refreshing dipping sauce comes into play. This tangy sauce combines the tropical flavors of coconut and zesty lime. It creates a perfect contrast to the heat. The creamy texture of the sauce adds a luscious element to every bite.
Spicy Watermelon Fries are a delightful summer treat. This recipe combines the best of sweet, spicy, tangy, and creamy flavors. It is an easy recipe that showcases watermelon’s natural beauty and taste. This makes it an ideal addition to any summer gathering.
Get ready to embark on a sensational culinary journey! Prepare to savor every delightful bite and experience a truly remarkable culinary adventure!
Spicy Watermelon Fries: Ingredients & Equipment
To make Spicy Watermelon Fries with Coconut Lime Dipping Sauce, you will need …
For the fries
- watermelon – I used a mini or personal-sized one.
- chili lime seasoning
For the dipping sauce
- plain unsweetened yogurt – use any kind you like or have on hand.
- canned coconut milk – I used full fat.
- light agave
- lime – you will use the zest and juice.
- knife and cutting board – for cutting the watermelon into fry shapes.
- bowl and spatula – for making the dipping sauce/
How to make Spicy Watermelon Fries
Cut the watermelon. Remove the rind and cut the watermelon into 1-inch sticks to resemble fries.
Top with Tajin. Next, place the cut watermelon fries on a serving platter. Then, sprinkle with the chili lime seasoning.
Prepare the dipping sauce. Combine the yogurt, coconut milk, agave, lime juice, and zest in a small bowl. Then, it’s time to transfer the luscious mixture to a serving bowl.
Serve immediately. To complete this delicious pairing, don’t forget to serve the sweet dipping sauce alongside the crispy, spicy fries.
Watermelon Fries: FAQs
Watermelon is not a typical keto-friendly fruit. It has a relatively high carbohydrate content. However, as with any food, moderation is key.
Selecting a ripe and sweet watermelon is crucial. It ensures the best flavor and texture. Look for a melon with a firm and symmetrical shape, a smooth rind, and a deep, rich color. It should also have a hollow sound when tapped, indicating that it is ripe. Additionally, check the underside for a creamy yellow spot. It is known as the “field spot,” which suggests it has ripened on the vine.
Tajin seasoning is a Mexican spice blend of chili peppers, lime, and salt. It adds a tangy and mildly spicy flavor to foods. It is commonly used to enhance the taste of fruits and vegetables.
Yes! You can adjust the level of spiciness by modifying the amount of Tajin seasoning used. Start with a smaller amount and gradually add more according to your preference for spiciness.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 days.
Absolutely! The dipping sauce can be a versatile addition to various dishes. It can be used as a dip for other fruits. Try it as a salad dressing or as a sauce for grilled meats or seafood. Feel free to get creative and explore different culinary possibilities.
Other recipes you may enjoy
For the fries
- 1 mini watermelon, sliced into 1-inch sticks with the rind removed to resemble fries
- 3 tablespoons chili lime seasoning (such as Tajin or another chili lime seasoning)
For the dipping sauce
- 1 cup plain unsweetened yogurt
- 1/4 cup full-fat canned coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons light agave
- juice and zest of 1 lime
- Place the cut watermelon fries on a serving platter and sprinkle them with the chili lime seasoning.
- In a small bowl, mix together the yogurt, coconut milk, agave, lime juice, and zest. Transfer the dipping sauce to a serving bowl.
- Serve the dipping sauce with the watermelon fries.
- This recipe easily doubles or triples to feed a large crowd.
- Do not store the watermelon already sprinkled with the chili lime seasoning because the salt will cause the watermelon to lose its water content and become soggy. To transport or keep for periods of time, sprinkle the watermelon with the seasoning just before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 129Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 141mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 1gSugar: 11gProtein: 3g
Please note that the nutritional information listed on this page is an estimation based on the products I used. Ingredients and nutritional information can vary significantly between brands. Always be sure to read labels. Please verify that a recipe fits your needs before using it. Nutrition info may contain errors, so please verify it independently. Likewise, recipes may contain errors, so please use your common sense when following them.