This is a sponsored post for Old El Paso. All opinions are honest and 100% my own.
This Southern-Style BBQ Pork and Coleslaw Mini Taco Boats recipe is perfect for game day – or for an easy weeknight dinner! #OldElPasoTailgate
Who else is ready for football season?!
It feels like it’s been forever … doesn’t it? How long has it been? Seven months or so?!
Southern-Style BBQ Pork and Coleslaw Mini Taco Boats
This Southern-Style BBQ Pork and Coleslaw Mini Taco Boats recipe is perfect for game day – or for an easy weeknight dinner!
For the Coleslaw
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 2 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. distilled vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 bag (16 oz.) coleslaw mix
For the BBQ Pork
- 2-3 lb. boneless pork picnic roast
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2-2 cups BBQ sauce
- 2 pkg. (12 ct. each) Old El Paso Mini Four Tortilla Taco Boats
For the Coleslaw:
- In a large bowl, combine the mayo, sugar, lemon juice, vinegar, salt, and pepper with a whisk until well combined.
- Add the coleslaw mix and stir to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
For the BBQ Pork:
- Place the picnic roast in a slow cooker. Liberally season it with salt and pepper. Add water to the crock.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until the pork shreds easily with a fork.
- If desired, drain the liquid from the crock. Shred the pork. Add BBQ sauce. Stir to combine.
- Place a small portion of the BBQ Pork into the Old El Paso Mini Flour Tortilla Taco Boat. Top with the desired amount of coleslaw. Repeat with remaining pork, coleslaw and taco boats. Serve immediately.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 173kcal Calories from fat 77|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 9g||14%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
Other Posts You May Enjoy: