Snickerdoodles are one of my favorite cookies … the name alone makes me smile! These little gems are nice and soft … reminiscent of a sugar cookie … but a little bit spunkier! I love the smell as they bake – apparently, so do my children 🙂
These little gems are nice and soft ... reminiscent of a sugar cookie ... but a little bit spunkier!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1-1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. white vinegar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 3 slightly heaping tbsp. white sugar
- 3-1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cream together butter, shortening, 1-1/2 cups sugar, the eggs and vanilla. Blend in the flour, vinegar and baking soda. Shape dough by rounded spoonfuls into balls.
- Mix the 3 tbsp. sugar and the cinnamon in a small bowl. Rolls balls of dough in cinnamon-sugar mixture. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake exactly 8 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool on baking sheets about 2-3 minutes. Transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 93kcal Calories from fat 39|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 4g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 2g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
Don’t forget to share and comment ♥
Copyright © Love Bakes Good Cakes 2012-2013 All Rights Reserved