Necessity is the mother of invention …. Have you ever heard that saying?! How true is it?! I mean, really?! This Small Batch Fudge was an invention of necessity … It took three tries to get it right – and now I’ve got it for those times when I need a chocolate fix quick!
The other night, I wanted something …. I wasn’t sure what exactly, but it had to be chocolate. I know y’all know how that is! Y’all know those meme’s going around about raiding your baking stash ….. that was totally me! I thought to myself that I probably looked ridiculous walking between the pantry and fridge for any kind of chocolate …. I spotted some chocolate chips – about half a bag. I could have just taken a small handful and called it good …. but I wasn’t really satisfied with that idea. I really wanted it to be something else. I spotted some mini marshmallows too …. and that’s when I had the idea to try to make just enough fudge for me …. and Brian. I’m pretty sure he would have thought it rude if I didn’t at least offer him some! LOL.
The first batch was, uh … not so pretty and almost inedible. Ok, it was gross. The second batch was getting better – and this batch (I’m sharing today!) was almost spot on!
You could reduce the amount of sugar a tad if you find it to be a bit too sweet for your liking. I also spooned mine in a ramekin after I microwaved it in the coffee cup because I wanted a more flat fudge than the coffee cup allowed. If you don’t mind a taller fudge, by all means, save yourself the extra dish and just keep it in the coffee cup! You can do it however you like!
I used sprinkles to top our fudge because it was 1) easy 2) they were in my pantry 3) sprinkles are fun …. but you could use most anything you like in fudge!
Although I haven’t tried it yet …. I am guessing you could use different flavors of chips to make different flavors of fudge! So really, this is like I’m sharing unlimited recipes in one!
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- Sprinkles, nuts, crushed candy canes, or other toppings (optional)
- Place the chocolate chips in a microwave-safe coffee cup. Add the sugar and butter. Microwave on HIGH for 2-3** minutes. (I microwaved mine for 2:30).
- Remove the coffee cup from the microwave using an oven mitt. Add the marshmallows to the cup; stir until the marshmallows are melted and the mixture is thoroughly combined.
- Let mixture cool for about 3-5 minutes, then refrigerate for 10-15 minutes or until the fudge is set. Run a butter knife around the edge of the fudge.
- Remove from the cup. Cut into pieces.
*Please note - You may need to adjust the cook time depending on your microwave.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 291Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 13mgFiber: 1gSugar: 44gProtein: 1g
Delish …. and just what I needed.
Other Posts You May Enjoy: