Come home to a taste of island cuisine! This easy Slow Cooker Polynesian Pork recipe will be a new favorite!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details.
Polynesian Pork recipe
I’ll admit that I’m not always very good at using my slow cooker. I usually forget about it, which is sad considering how much easier it can make life sometimes. One of my goals for this year is to use my slow cooker more … starting with this Slow Cooker Polynesian Pork recipe!
We eat a lot of chicken in the Love Bakes Good Cakes house, so this is kind of a rare occurrence that I’m sharing a pork recipe! I will note that this recipe is a favorite with my boys – I never have any leftovers! Maybe I should include this recipe on our menu more often?!
With just a few ingredients, it’s easy to transform a pork roast into a taste of the islands! You’ll need salt, curry powder, mango chutney, and pineapple juice for this recipe. And a pork roast, of course! ? No plane tickets to tropical destinations required. Although, that would be awesome too!
Oh yeah … top it off with some sesame seeds and chopped cilantro. We like to serve this Slow Cooker Polynesian Pork with a side of steamed rice and fresh pineapple. Does dinner get any easier or more delicious?!
Other recipes you may enjoy
- 1 (4 - 5 lb.) boneless pork roast
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. curry powder
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup mango chutney
- 1 can (6 oz.) pineapple juice
- Sesame seeds and chopped cilantro, for garnish
- In a bowl, combine salt, curry powder, garlic, and mango chutney until well combined.
- Rub the chutney mixture all over the pork roast. Place the roast in a slow cooker. Pour the pineapple juice in the slow cooker.
- Cook on HIGH 4-5 hours (or LOW 8-10 hours), or until pork shreds easily when pulled.
- Remove pork roast to a plate or cutting board and pull the pork into large shreds.
- Serve immediately with juices from the slow cooker, if desired. Garnish with sesame seeds and cilantro.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 487Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 163mgSodium: 568mgFiber: 0gSugar: 14gProtein: 55g