When chocolate cravings strike, reach for this Triple Chocolate Ooey Gooey Butter Cake recipe where you’ll find THREE luscious layers of decadent chocolate!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details.
This is a sponsored post for Challenge Dairy. All opinions are honest and 100% my own.
If you’re a chocolate lover, then you are going to love today’s recipe! Three layers of chocolate … how does that sound?! I created this Triple Chocolate Ooey Gooey Butter Cake recipe for those chocolate cravings that demand all. the. chocolate.
While there are many things I’ll skimp on, quality ingredients aren’t one of them. I believe good ingredients help take a from being an okay recipe to being a recipe everyone has to have.
When it comes to butter, you will always find Challenge Butter in my fridge and freezer! I like to stay stocked up for any kind of baking day that comes my way.
It won’t come as any surprise that one of my favorite ingredients in my baking recipes is Challenge Butter. Challenge is the only dairy product company that controls the whole process when it comes to making its butter – from milking the cows to transporting the milk, to making the butter, and to packaging. It’s made the right way – the old-fashioned way! With no hormones, additives, or fillers and farm to fridge in just TWO days, Challenge Butter is a taste you’ll love – my family does!
A cooperative of California family-owned dairies founded more than 100 years ago, Challenge is proud to sell its products NATIONALLY. To find retailers near you, visit www.challengedairy.com/where-to-buy.
How long does Ooey Gooey Butter Cake last?
In my house? Less than 5 minutes!! ? Joking aside, properly stored, this Triple Chocolate Ooey Gooey Butter Cake should be consumed within 3-5 days.
Does Ooey Gooey Butter Cake need to be refrigerated?
Yes! After baking and allowing the cake to cool, any uneaten portion will need to be refrigerated and used within 3-5 days.
Other recipes you may enjoy
For the cake:
- 2 sticks Challenge Butter, melted (divided)
- 1 box Devil’s Food Cake mix
- 3 large eggs, divided
- 1 pkg (8 oz.) Challenge Cream Cheese, softened
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 box (16 oz.) powdered sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- Whipped cream
- Extra chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9x13-in. Baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine 1 stick of melted butter, cake mix, and one egg with an electric mixer on low speed until well combined. Press the cake mixture evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- In another large bowl, beat cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the remaining two eggs and cocoa powder. Beat until smooth. On low speed, add the powdered sugar to the cream cheese mixture and beat until thoroughly combined. Beat in the remaining one stick of melted butter and the vanilla. Using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, stir in one cup of chocolate chips. Spread the filling over the cake mixture in the pan. Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips evenly over the top.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the center appears set but still slightly jiggles when shaken. Cool the cake completely.
- To serve, cut into bars. If desired, serve with whipped cream and extra chocolate chips.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18 Serving Size: 1 bar
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 353Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 60mgSodium: 312mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 2gSugar: 31gProtein: 3g