I’m a big believer in using leftovers. Sunday has come and gone and you don’t know what to do with your leftover roast beef … You need a fresh idea. This quiche will solve your problem! You could even add some of the leftover carrots and potatoes, if you wanted to! I don’t know about you, but I love meals that disguise themselves as “new” meals. My kiddos think they’re eating “pie” for supper – so it just makes it that much better! 😉
- 1 unbaked pastry pie crust (9-in.)
- 1 3/4 cup cooked roast beef, chopped
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 2 cups (8 oz.) Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tbsp. steak sauce
- 1/8 tsp. each: dill weed, dried basil and dried oregano
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Prick the crust several times. Loosely ball up a piece of aluminum foil (about 12x18-in.) and place in the center of the crust. Bake for 5 minutes. Carefully remove foil ball. Bake 5 minutes longer.
- Reduce heat to 375° F. Sprinkle beef and green onions into the crust. In a bowl, beat flour, eggs, milk, steak sauce, dill weed, basil, oregano, salt and pepper. Add green peppers and cheese and mix well. Pour into the crust.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until center is set. Allow to stand 10 minutes before cutting.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 556Total Fat: 36gSaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 250mgSodium: 548mgFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 41g
I hope you enjoy!
What are some of your favorite ways to use leftovers?
Shared at these
Featured at Debbie Does Creations