This conversation is sponsored by Horizon. The opinions and text are all mine.This Crustless Spinach Quiche makes an easy weeknight meal solution! #SmartMeals #ad
Are you a fan of quiche? I love them because the possibilities are endless, and really, they’re kind of easy to throw together! A popular one for me growing up was Quiche Lorraine. Quiche was always a great way to use up leftovers too – if you have leftover meat and/or veggies, add some eggs and a bit of cheese and you have an easy dinner!
All of the quiche recipe I ate growing up came in the traditional pie crust. I am sure you are familiar with the classic quiches. To be honest, I love the crust but I figured it was just wasted calories and added fat (that I don’t need, by the way!). While the traditional kinds of quiches are great, I am trying to make small changes to make some of our favorite meals just a little bit better for us. I love the idea of a crustless quiche and I am a big fan of adding more veggies to dishes whenever I can …. and believe it or not, this is one way I can get my entire family to eat spinach without one negative word! They actually kind of dig it!
For that added pop of color, I love to sprinkle fresh, ripe chopped tomatoes on my slice of Crustless Spinach Quiche. Soooo good! This makes a great weekend breakfast idea and it’s equally fantastic at dinner with a colorful side salad! I have even added a few sliced mushrooms or roasted red peppers to this quiche with delicious results!
By the way, leftovers, if there are any, are just as great reheated the next day! I usually have to make two of these Crustless Spinach Quiches … one quiche for dinner and I set aside the second one for breakfast or lunch the next day! You know it’s good when your kids actually look forward to eating their spinach! 🙂
- 1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry*
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 4 Horizon Organic Large Eggs, beaten
- 1 pkg. (16 oz.) Horizon Organic cottage cheese
- 1 pkg. (6 oz. or 1 1/2 cups) Horizon Organic shredded Cheddar cheese
- Chopped tomatoes, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Lightly grease a 9-inch pie or quiche pan.
- Place spinach in a large mixing bowl. Stir in green onions, eggs, cottage cheese and Cheddar cheese. Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake uncovered in preheated oven for 60-65 minutes or until eggs are set. Allow quiche to stand 5 minutes before cutting and serving.
- Serve with chopped tomatoes, if desired.
It is important to squeeze as much water out of the spinach as you can. After I have squeezed the water out of the spinach by hand, I have found it best to place several layers of paper towels under and on top of the spinach and try to press out even more water.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 598Total Fat: 45gSaturated Fat: 24gCholesterol: 261mgSodium: 1093mgFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 42g
Other Posts You May Enjoy: