If you enjoy pizza night at your house, I hope you’ll give this Roadhouse Pizza a try. It has become one of my new absolute favorites!
Wooooo-weeee! It’s almost Friday, y’all! I’m so ready for the weekend!
My family kinda fell off the Friday night pizza night train when we moved to Phoenix …. it’s just too darn hot to be having that oven on! Everyone once in awhile, we (by we, I mean I) drudge through and give into our craving. I wanted something a little bit different for our pizza on this occasion. So I came up with the Roadhouse Pizza – it’s topped with BBQ sauce and a combination of yummy ingredients like ground beef, bacon, jalapenos, tomatoes, onion and cheese! I wasn’t really sure what to call this pizza, but for some reason, the word “roadhouse” stuck out in my mind – so that’s what we’ll call it. Mmm-kay? I have no rhyme nor reason to what I do, what can I say?!
Other recipes you may enjoy
- 1 pizza dough recipe
- Olive oil
- BBQ sauce, to taste
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef, cooked, crumbled and drained
- 1/2 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and chopped
- 1 Roma tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup Red onion slices
- 1 1/2-2 cups (6-8 oz.) Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Prepare pizza dough according to recipe directions.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Grease a pizza pan. Pat dough into pan. Drizzle with olive oil and bake for 10 minutes. Spread BBQ sauce on pizza, using as much or as little as desired. Top with half of the cheese. Top with beef, bacon, jalapeno, tomato and onion. Sprinkle remaining cheese over the top. Bake for 15-17 minutes, or until the pizza is golden and the cheese is bubbly.
- Slice and serve hot!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 3123Total Fat: 225gSaturated Fat: 90gCholesterol: 513mgSodium: 4334mgFiber: 9gSugar: 11gProtein: 137g
Originally published on July 19, 2013. Updated on April 23, 2021.