This Peppermint Eggnog Punch is the drink you need to celebrate the holiday season and its sweetest flavors. This festive recipe contains rum, peppermint ice cream, eggnog, and ginger ale.
Table of contents
Peppermint Eggnog Punch
Cooling peppermint ice cream and warming rum mingled together with tasty eggnog and ginger ale … that all might seem like a lot, but in this Peppermint Eggnog Punch, they go together like reindeer and Santa’s sleigh! (Or, if you ask some people in my family, Christmas and the movie Die Hard. 😂)
The sweet eggnog pairs perfectly with the slightly spicy peppermint and the warm rum. Add the ginger ale to tie it all together, and you’ve got a simple but incredibly addicting Christmas drink! Without a doubt, it’ll be an unforgettable Christmas tradition from this year onwards.
Don’t settle for eggnog or spiced rum at your next holiday get-together. Bring out this Peppermint Eggnog Punch.
This is another one of those simple holiday recipes that will definitely add a little special something to your next winter get-together! Enjoy!!
Peppermint Eggnog Punch: Ingredients & Equipment
For this Peppermint Eggnog Punch recipe, you’ll need …
- peppermint ice cream and eggnog – this recipe’s two most essential ingredients combine to make a delicious holiday-flavored treat!
- rum – a bit of boozy goodness that’ll warm you right up!
- ginger ale – your final addition to the punch.
- small peppermint candy canes – for garnish in the punch bowl.
- small baking sheet and plastic wrap – you’ll use these to keep ice cream garnishes in the freezer until you’re ready to add them to the punch bowl.
- punch bowl – the classic way to serve any punch, of course!
How to make Peppermint Eggnog Punch
First, prep your garnishes. Line a small baking sheet/baking dish with plastic wrap, then scoop 2-3 round scoopfuls of ice cream onto it. Put that in the freezer. As I said, you’ll use them later as garnishes for the drink!
Next, mix your liquids. Stir your ice cream, eggnog, and rum together. Put all that in a punch bowl, and then add ginger ale as well.
Finally, serve your Peppermint Eggnog Punch! Hang candy canes around the edge of the punch bowl and float your ice cream garnish on the top of the punch. Serve it all immediately, and watch it disappear!!
Peppermint Eggnog Punch: FAQs
It should make enough for about 16 servings. Of course, this will depend on portion sizes. Some people may want a big mug of it.
This easy drink only takes about 10 minutes to throw together!
If you’re a big fan of that candy cane goodness, I’d recommend replacing the rum with peppermint schnapps. Yum!! 😍
Try making my No-Churn Peppermint Ice Cream instead, and omit the chocolate chips! (As a bonus, you can brag to your family that you made the ice cream in the punch all yourself! Grandma will be impressed!)
If you prefer, you can use your favorite lemon-lime soda instead of ginger ale. Think Sprite or 7Up. It should still taste fantastic!
Absolutely! Replace the rum with additional eggnog or ginger ale.
Other recipes you may enjoy
- 1-quart peppermint ice cream
- 1-quart eggnog
- 4 cans or bottles (12 fl. oz. each) ginger ale, chilled
- 1 cup rum
- 16-24 small peppermint candy canes, for garnish
- Line a small baking sheet or baking dish with plastic wrap. Scoop 2-3 round scoopfuls of the ice cream onto the plastic wrap. Place the baking sheet with the ice cream scoops in the freezer to use later as garnish.
- In a large bowl, stir the remaining ice cream until softened. Gradually stir in the eggnog and rum.
- Transfer the ice cream mixture to a punch bowl and stir in the ginger ale.
- Hang the candy canes around the edge of the punch bowl.
- Float the reserved ice cream scoops over the top of the punch and serve immediately.
- No peppermint ice cream at the store?! Try making my No-Churn Peppermint Ice Cream instead and omit the chocolate chips.
- If you prefer, you can use your favorite lemon-lime soda instead of ginger ale.
- For even more peppermint flavor - try peppermint schnapps in place of the rum!
- You can make this recipe non-alcoholic by omitting the rum and substituting it with additional eggnog or ginger ale.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Silicone Spatula Set of 4
Punch Bowl Set (8 Punch Glasses, Punch Bowl and Ladle)
Freezer-to-Oven Safe 2 Qt Glass Baking Dish with Lid
ClingWrap Plastic Food Wrap - 300 Square Foot Roll - 4 Pack (Package May Vary)
Glass Measuring Cup Set (3-Piece, Microwave and Oven Safe)
Ice Cream Scoop With Trigger Lever and Comfort Grip Handle, Green, 1-pack
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 208Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 52mgSodium: 66mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 0gSugar: 15gProtein: 5g
Please note that the nutritional information listed on this page is an estimation based on the products I used. Ingredients and nutritional information can vary significantly between brands. Always be sure to read labels. Please verify that a recipe fits your needs before using it. Nutrition info may contain errors, so please verify it independently. Likewise, recipes may contain errors, so please use your common sense when following them.