If you’re looking for an easy, quick and fresh meal that really delivers in the taste department and is low in fat, give this a try! It’s super simple and full of flavor! We had this with an egg roll and my Coconut Cream Poke Cake for dessert! 😉
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- Swirl of olive oil
- 1 serrano pepper, seeded with membranes removed and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb. raw shrimp, deveined with tails removed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 oz. fresh broccoli florets
- 1 can (11 oz.) Mandarin oranges, drained
- Cooked rice
- In a small saucepan, combine the orange juice, honey and soy sauce. Bring to a boil and let reduce by half - approximately 7-8 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Add a swirl of olive oil to a large skillet or wok. Heat over medium-high heat. Add the serrano pepper and garlic. Cook for 2 minutes. Add the shrimp and sprinkle with desired amount of salt and pepper. Cook for an additional 2 minutes. Add the reserved orange juice reduction. Add the broccoli florets and oranges. Cook for 4 minutes or until the broccoli is just tender and the shrimp is cooked through.
- Serve with rice.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 272Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 183mgSodium: 841mgFiber: 2gSugar: 22gProtein: 27g
I hope you enjoy! Shared at these
Featured at Family Home and Life
Don’t forget to share and comment ♥
Copyright © Love Bakes Good Cakes 2012-2013 All Rights Reserved