Orange and Broccoli Shrimp with Rice is an easy, quick and fresh meal that really delivers. Give this a try! It’s simple and full of flavor!
Orange and Broccoli Shrimp with Rice
If you’re looking for an easy, quick and fresh meal that really delivers in the taste department and is low in fat, give this a try! It’s super simple and full of flavor! We had this with an egg roll and my Coconut Cream Poke Cake for dessert! 😉
Other recipes you may enjoy
Orange and Broccoli Shrimp with Rice
If you're looking for an easy, quick and fresh meal that really delivers in the taste department and is low in fat, give this a try! It's super simple and full of flavor! We had this with an egg roll and my Coconut Cream Poke Cake for dessert! 😉
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Swirl of olive oil
- 1 serrano pepper, seeded with membranes removed and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound raw shrimp, deveined with tails removed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 ounces fresh broccoli florets
- 1 can (11 oz.) Mandarin oranges, drained
- Cooked rice
- In a small saucepan, combine the orange juice, honey and soy sauce. Bring to a boil and let reduce by half - approximately 7-8 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Add a swirl of olive oil to a large skillet or wok. Heat over medium-high heat. Add the serrano pepper and garlic. Cook for 2 minutes. Add the shrimp and sprinkle with desired amount of salt and pepper. Cook for an additional 2 minutes. Add the reserved orange juice reduction. Add the broccoli florets and oranges. Cook for 4 minutes or until the broccoli is just tender and the shrimp is cooked through.
- Serve with rice.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 272Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 183mgSodium: 841mgFiber: 2gSugar: 22gProtein: 27g
Originally published on April 24, 2013. Updated on April 22, 2021.
Love shrimp! It looks delicious with the Orange 🙂
Simple, light and flavorful. Sounds like a perfect dinner.
Yumm! I love shrimps 🙂
Visitng from Sunday Social !
This sounds wonderful! We love shrimp – and serrano – and everything else in this recipe!!
Hey Jamie, This looks delicioso. It looks like it's a light meal, not with a heavy sauce. I am a shrimp lover so this is for me. Pinned.
Consider yourself hugged,
Diana - FreeStyleMama
Love the idea of adding clementines!
this looks lovely! I would love to see it at my linky party if you would like please come link up here are details
(I saw you on the Farm Fresh blog hop)
I love the flavors in this Shrimp and rice. Your recipe is fabulous and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday. Have a great weekend and come back soon!
Yum, yum! And I love shrimp! Thanks so much for sharing this at "Best Of The Weekend"! Looking forward to seeing you next week!
Claire @ ALittleClaireification
This sounds so good. Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday and I hope you will join us again this week.
This sounds yummy. Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday and I hope you will join us again this week. Pinning this
Looks like a perfect summery meal! Thanks for linking this week, Jamie!
I love Shrimp, Jamie. Thanks for joining us at Saturday Dishes, Pinned to Saturday Dishes board ~ Paula
Thank you so much for linking this recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays link party! I’ve pinned this recipe to my Tasty Tuesday’s board. 🙂 This week’s party is live on the blog & I would love for you to come link up with us! Here’s the link: http://anyonitanibbles.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/Tasty-Tuesdays-Link-Party-9.html
Alice Emma Thompson
This looks so good!
I would love for you to link up at the Empty Your Archive party which has favourite rice recipes as one of it's themes this week – Alice @ Mums Make Lists x