Orange and Broccoli Shrimp with Rice is an easy, quick and fresh meal that really delivers. Give this a try! It’s simple and full of flavor!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details.
Orange and Broccoli Shrimp with Rice
If you’re looking for an easy, quick and fresh meal that really delivers in the taste department and is low in fat, give this a try! It’s super simple and full of flavor! We had this with an egg roll and my Coconut Cream Poke Cake for dessert! 😉
Other recipes you may enjoy
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Swirl of olive oil
- 1 serrano pepper, seeded with membranes removed and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound raw shrimp, deveined with tails removed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 ounces fresh broccoli florets
- 1 can (11 oz.) Mandarin oranges, drained
- Cooked rice
- In a small saucepan, combine the orange juice, honey and soy sauce. Bring to a boil and let reduce by half - approximately 7-8 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Add a swirl of olive oil to a large skillet or wok. Heat over medium-high heat. Add the serrano pepper and garlic. Cook for 2 minutes. Add the shrimp and sprinkle with desired amount of salt and pepper. Cook for an additional 2 minutes. Add the reserved orange juice reduction. Add the broccoli florets and oranges. Cook for 4 minutes or until the broccoli is just tender and the shrimp is cooked through.
- Serve with rice.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 272Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 183mgSodium: 841mgFiber: 2gSugar: 22gProtein: 27g
Originally published on April 24, 2013. Updated on April 22, 2021.