This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details.
Who says comfort food can’t be quick and easy?! These Meatloaf Muffins are perfectly sized and they bake up quickly! Perfect for a weeknight meal!
…. On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses?
Will he offer me his mouth?
Yes. Will he offer me his teeth?
Yes. Will he offer me his jaws?
Yes. Will he offer me his hunger?
Yes. Again, will he offer me his hunger?
And will he starve without me?
And does he love me?
Yes. Yes. On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses?
Yes. I bet you to say that to all the boys.
Meatloaf (the food here – and maybe people feel this way about the guy?!) seems to be one of those things that people either love or they really hate. There is no middle ground, is there? Personally, I’m in the camp “love it” … although we don’t eat it too often. It takes about an hour to cook a regular meatloaf …. and I just don’t have time for that on a weekday.
A few years ago, I started making these Meatloaf Muffins for those nights when we wanted meatloaf …. but faster than the traditional loaf. As a matter of fact, we pretty much have all of our different meatloaf variations in muffin form because they cook so quickly and they are perfectly portioned! This Meatloaf Muffins recipe is always a hit with my kiddos and guests. I hope you enjoy!
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup dried plain bread crumbs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tbsp. brown sugar
- 3 tbsp. prepared mustard
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt the the butter in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chopped onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions have softened. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked onions, beef, egg, milk and bread crumbs. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
- Brush a 12-muffin tin (½-cup each) with vegetable oil or extra-virgin olive oil. Divide the ground beef mixture between the muffin tin. Lightly pat it into each well.
- In a separate small bowl, combine the brown sugar, mustard and ketchup. Set aside.
- Bake meatloaf muffins for 10 minutes. Remove meatloaf muffins from the oven and top with ketchup mixture. Bake an additional 10-15 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 373Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 114mgSodium: 528mgFiber: 2gSugar: 12gProtein: 28g
Other Posts You May Enjoy: