Cranberry Orange Christmas Sandies are delicious for the Holiday season. Can you just eat one? I doubt it! Give them a taste.
Cranberry Orange Christmas Sandies
Hi y’all! You can find me sharing these Cranberry Orange Christmas Sandies over at Mandatory Mooch today! Stop on by for the recipe and be sure to say hello to Nichi while you’re there! 🙂
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely chopped dried cranberries
- 2 teaspoons finely shredded orange peel
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter with an electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy. Add the powdered sugar. Mix with mixer until well combined, stopping the machine once to scrape the sides. Add vanilla and flour. Mix until well combined. Add the cranberries and orange peel.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls and arrange 2-inches apart on the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the bottoms are lightly browned. Immediately transfer from the pan to a cooling rack. Cool completely.
- If desired, you can roll the cookie dough balls in Christmas-colored (or any color you prefer) nonpareils and proceed with baking as directed.
- To keep cookies fresh, store them in a covered container.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 88Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 14mgSodium: 1mgFiber: 0gSugar: 4gProtein: 1g
Originally published on December 9, 2012. Updated on April 22, 2021.