Fudgy brownies topped with a lusciously decadent French silk pie filling, whipped topping, and more chocolate. This French Silk Pie Brownies recipe will become your “little black dress” of desserts!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details.
Chocolate Silk Pie Brownies
Have you ever made a dish and instantly knew it was a winner?
This French Silk Pie Brownies recipe was exactly that! My husband even asked me if I could make it again so he could take it to work – and he never asks to take stuff to work to share! ? I already have plans to make this for our Labor Day cookout and when we have friends over for dinner next month!
This recipe starts off with a boxed brownie mix. It gets topped off with an easy to make French silk pie filling, then a layer of whipped topping. Chocolate shavings or in my case, mini chocolate chips, make the perfect garnishment.
The Domestic Rebel
I wish I could take credit for the delicious treat, but I cannot. This recipe comes from my blogging friend, Hayley Parker of The Domestic Rebel. She is such a rock star! Her newest cookbook, Two in One Desserts, hit shelves June 20th and is available wherever books are sold, including Amazon. If you love creative dessert recipes, this is a must-have cookbook!
Two in One Desserts is brimming with decadent dessert hybrids. They are easy, creative, fearlessly fun, and one-of-a-kind!
I hope you have better luck deciding which recipe to try first or next because I want to try them all – and if this French Silk Pie Brownies recipe is any testament to the other recipes, I’ll also be adding stretchy pants to my next shopping list! Actually, I suggest you try this recipe first because it is the bomb-dot-com.
I hate even to mention it, but ya know the holidays are just around the corner – they’ll be here before we know it – consider gifting this cookbook to any bakers on your list!
Here are some of the other recipes that caught my eye: Carrot Cake Gooey Cookies, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownie Bomb Cake, Donut Upside Down Cake, Muddy Buddy Bars, Pecan Pie Gooey Bars, Fudge Brownie Pie, Baklava Pie, Fruity Cereal No-Bake Cheesecake, and Brownie Batter Mousse ….. I don’t even know how I’ll decide which recipe to try next – they all sound soooo good!
Other recipes you may enjoy
For the brownies
- 1 box (18.3 oz.) fudge brownie mix
- Ingredients listed on box to prepare brownies
For the topping
- 1 bar (4 oz.) German chocolate bar, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons ( 1/2 stick) unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 tub (16 oz.) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Chocolate curls or mini chocolate chips, for decorating (optional)
- Prepare and bake the brownies according to the package directions. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- Microwave the German chocolate pieces with the butter in a large microwave-safe bowl on HIGH for 30 seconds. Stir, then melt for another 15 seconds. Stir until smooth and melted.
- To the melted chocolate mixture, beat in the cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until combined. Fold in half (8 ounces) of the whipped topping.
- Spread the French silk filling over the cooled brownies. Top with remaining whipped topping and garnish with chocolate curls, if using.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours, or until set, before cutting into squares.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 382Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 45mgSodium: 150mgFiber: 0gSugar: 37gProtein: 4g