Make any Fall gathering extra special with this easy Pumpkin Spice Trifle! It’s sure to be a hit!
October is winding down and my mind is shifting to Thanksgiving! I look forward to spending a day with family and having a festive dinner! How about you? I usually cook Thanksgiving dinner at our house, and our guests bring their favorite side dishes or desserts. I wanted to share one of my favorite Thanksgiving desserts with y’all – it’s always a crowd pleaser, it makes a lot and it’s so easy … what more could you ask for?!
Any large, clear glass bowl is best for showing off the layers! Sometimes, I like to add salted caramel sauce in with the other layers for that little bit of extra somethin’ somethin’. You can also layer this in individual trifle bowls if you would like! This serves a lot – so make sure you have lots of help eating this! 🙂
Pumpkin Spice Trifle
Make any Fall gathering extra special with this easy Pumpkin Spice Trifle! It's sure to be a hit!
- 1 box (15.25-18.25 oz.) spice cake mix
- Ingredients listed on box to prepare cake
- 1 pkg (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup canned pure pumpkin
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tubs (8 oz. each) whipped topping (such as Cool Whip), thawed
- Prepare and bake cake according to instructions on the box. Allow to cool completely.
- Once the cake has cooled, crumble it into a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, pumpkin, sugar and pumpkin spice with an electric mixer until thoroughly combined. Gently stir in one tub of whipped topping. Set aside.
- In a trifle bowl, layer one-fourth of the cake crumbs. Top with half of the pumpkin cheesecake mixture. Add another cake crumb layer. Top with the remaining tub of whipped topping. Add the more cake crumbs. Top with the remaining pumpkin cheesecake mixture. Add the remaining cake crumbs.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until serving time. Refrigerate any leftovers.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 178kcal Calories from fat 77|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 9g||14%|
|Saturated Fat 5g||25%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
Other Posts You May Enjoy: