This is a sponsored post for Lagostina. All opinions are honest and 100% my own. #HomemadeWithLagostina #LagostinaUSA #WilliamsSonoma
Skip the blue box and make this Creamy Stovetop Mac & Cheese instead. Simple, quick, and full of cheesy deliciousness – it’ll become a family favorite!
You guys …. Christmas is just a few days away!! Are you ready? I’m actually ahead of the game this year – everything is bought and wrapped – which is kind of rare. I’m looking forward to spending the long weekend with my family, and you can bet, as with any gathering, there will be tons of food!
Do you have any Christmas of Christmas Eve traditions? Our family has a Christmas Eve (day) tradition of binge-watching all of our favorite holiday movies while eating cookies, popcorn, and theater box candy. Some of our favorite movies include National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, Elf, It’s a Wonderful Life, and Home Alone. We love coming up with a dinner idea from one of the movies we’re watching and this year, I decided Home Alone would get its own recipe.
“Kevin McCallister: Bless this highly nutritious microwavable macaroni and cheese dinner and the people who sold it on sale. Amen.” – from the movie Home Alone.
In honor of Kevin McCallister from Home Alone, I decided to give him a better mac and cheese recipe – and this Creamy Stovetop Mac & Cheese fits the bill! I assure you this is waaaaay better than anything you’re going to get in any box. My family goes craaaaazy for this stuff! Each creamy, cheesy bite elicits many “Mmmmm’s” from the family!
I got a little early Christmas present – Lagostina Opera Cookware! Y’all, I’ve never owned cookware this nice – or this gorgeous! I told Brian I wanted to get a hanging pot rack just so I could show it off! I believe it’s the kind of cookware that will hold up for years and years and can be passed down for future generations. It’s really nice cookware. And did I mention gorgeous?! Gah, it is soooo gorgeous! I loved making this Creamy Stovetop Mac & Cheese in it.
Below, you can see the 3-Layer LagoFusion base.
Some of my favorite Lagostina Opera Cookware features:
- Includes elegant contours, heat-resistant side and lid handles, and gleaming stainless-steel exteriors for striking beauty in any kitchen
- Durable, high-quality construction—3-layer LagoFusion base consists of thick, encapsulated layer of aluminum for fast, even heat distribution; high-heat process fuses both metals for a perfect bond between body and base, ensuring optimal heat diffusion throughout
- Stainless steel exteriors for strength, beauty, and low maintenance; flared edges for drip-free pouring; pieces nest for compact storage
- Oven- and broiler-safe up to 500 degrees F; safe for all stovetops, including induction; dishwasher-safe
- Made in Italy
- MSRP: $499.99 (10-piece set)
My friends at Lagostina want to make your holiday season a little merrier too! ONE Lucky Love Bakes Good Cakes reader will receive ONE PIECE from the Lagostina Opera Cookware collection. Enter for a chance to win via the rafflecopter below:
Creamy Stovetop Mac & Cheese
Skip the blue box and make this Creamy Stovetop Mac & Cheese instead. Simple, quick, and full of cheesy deliciousness - it'll become a family favorite!
- 1 lb. elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 6 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 5 cups milk
- 24 oz. Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 oz. deli American cheese slices, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook the elbow macaroni according to package directions; drain. Rinse with cold water and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Whisk in the flour until completely smooth.
- Slowly whisk in the milk. Continue to cook, whisking occasionally, until the mixture is slightly thickened.
- Add the cheese, a handful at a time, whisking well after each addition making sure the cheese is melted before adding more. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove from the heat.
- Stir the elbow macaroni into the cheese sauce until all of the macaroni is well-coated. Serve immediately.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 868kcal Calories from fat 478|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 53g||82%|
|Saturated Fat 31g||155%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
Don’t forget to pin it!