Ready in less than 30 minutes, this Creamy Chicken Pesto Pasta is a hearty, filling dinner filled with juicy chicken and tender pasta smothered in a quick and easy creamy pesto sauce.
Creamy Chicken and Pesto Pasta
Ready in less than 30 minutes, this creamy chicken pesto pasta is a hearty, filling dinner for just about anyone! Juicy chicken and tender pasta are smothered in a quick and easy creamy pesto sauce…it’s mouth-watering, y’all.
Creamy chicken pesto pasta has been a family favorite for years for a reason! Why? Because it’s quick, it’s easy, and best of all…it tastes amazing.
Sometimes, with so many people to feed in my family, it’s hard to find recipes we all love. It’s great when I find recipes everyone enjoys – and this pesto pasta certainly fits the bill.
I originally found this recipe years ago (maybe on the back of a soup can? I really can’t remember) and it has been in our recipe binder since then.
Served with a fresh salad and garlic bread, it’s an easy and flavorful weeknight meal the whole family will enjoy!
Chicken Pesto Pasta: Ingredients & Equipment
For this Creamy Chicken Pesto Pasta recipe, you’ll need …
- Bow-tie pasta – Prepare these as you normally do at the start of the recipe. You can honestly use any kind of pasta you’d like, but I find that bow-ties hold the sauce on better and somehow just taste better, too. Maybe I’m imagining it?!
- chicken breasts – Cubed and skinless.
- butter – You’ll use this to cook your chicken breasts above.
- pesto sauce – This can be homemade or store-bought…either way! For time, I tend to buy pesto sauce already made.
- milk and cream of chicken soup – The “creamy” part of the creamy chicken pesto pasta! You’ll cook the chicken and pasta in this alongside the pesto sauce. Make sure the soup is undiluted!
- cutting board and knife – to cut up your chicken.
- measuring cup – to measure out the pesto and milk.
- large skillet – what you’ll use to mix all the ingredients together!
- anything you usually use to cook pasta – for the start of the recipe when you get your bow-ties all prepared.
- colander – to drain your pasta
- cooking utensils – to cook your food, obviously.
Chicken Pesto Pasta: FAQs
About 4 servings – enough for a small family or get-together!
Only 25 minutes. Yes, really, y’all! Not 25 minutes for prep, not 25 minutes to cook…a full 25 minutes from start to finish. You’ll only need 5 minutes for prep and the rest is the cooking time.
Yes! I love having any leftovers for lunch – it’s just as delicious the next day. I usually microwave it until it’s heated through.
I have never done it but based on other pasta dishes I have frozen – this one should be okay, too! Make sure it’s wrapped well or put into a freezer-safe container. Allow the pasta to thaw overnight in the fridge before reheating. Be careful you don’t overcook it so much that the pasta is mushy.
If that’s your thing – I don’t see why not. Personally, I prefer this warmed-up.
Other recipes you may enjoy
- 3 cups uncooked bow tie pasta (about half of a 16 oz. box)
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 oz.) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto sauce
- 1/2 cup milk
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the chicken in butter until browned, stirring often.
- Add soup, pesto, and milk. Bring to a boil. Cook over low heat for 5-7 minutes or until the internal juices of the chicken runs clear.
- Stir in pasta and heat through.
- Serve immediately.
- Homemade pesto sauce works great in this recipe!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Stainless Steel Measuring Cups - 5 Piece Stackable Measuring Set
Stainless Steel 5-Quart Colander
Contemporary Self-sharpening 20-piece Knife Block Set
Cutting Board Set, 15-Inch by 20-Inch by 1/2-Inch, Assorted Colors
Calphalon 5-Piece Nylon Kitchen Cooking Utensil Set
Simply Calphalon Nonstick 10 Piece Cookware Set
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 616Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 127mgSodium: 745mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 47g
Please note that the nutritional information listed on this page is an estimation based on the products I used. Ingredients and nutritional information can vary greatly between brands. Always be sure to read labels.
Originally published on October 14, 2012. Updated on March 12, 2022.