This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details.
Creamy Chicken and Pesto Pasta – Juicy chicken and tender pasta are smothered in a quick and easy creamy pesto sauce. Ready in less than 30 minutes!
Creamy Chicken and Pesto Pasta
I am so excited to share this recipe with y’all today! It’s been a family favorite for years for a reason!
Although I shared this on the blog way back in 2012, the post needed an update …
I love quick meals. I especially love meals that are quick and tasty. Don’t you? Now that we’re back to school, meals like this are a lifesaver!
Sometimes, with so many people to feed, it’s hard to find recipes we all love. It’s great when I find recipes everyone enjoys – and this pesto pasta certainly fits the bill.
I originally found this recipe years ago (maybe on the back of a soup can? I really can’t remember) and it has been in our recipe binder since then.
Served with a fresh salad and garlic bread, it’s an easy and flavorful weeknight meal the whole family will enjoy!
Recipe for Chicken Pesto Pasta
** Ingredients are at a glance. Be sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full amounts and printable recipe. **
- uncooked bow tie pasta
- boneless skinless chicken breasts
- condensed cream of chicken soup
- prepared pesto sauce
How to make Chicken with Pesto Pasta
Time needed: 25 minutes.
How to make Chicken with Pesto Pasta
- Cook and drain.
Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook chicken in butter until browned, stirring often.
Add soup, pesto, and milk. Bring to a boil. Cook over low heat for 5-7 minutes or until the internal juices of the chicken runs clear.
Stir in pasta and heat through.
Chicken Pesto Pasta: FAQs
Yes! I love having any leftovers for lunch – it’s just as delicious the next day. I usually microwave it until it’s heated through.
I have never done it but based on other pasta dishes I have frozen – this one should be okay, too! Make sure it’s wrapped well or put into a freezer-safe container. Allow the pasta to thaw overnight in the fridge before reheating. Be careful you don’t overcook it so much that the pasta is mushy.
If that’s your thing – I don’t see why not. Personally, I prefer this warmed up.
How did you like this recipe?
If you tried this recipe, what did you think? Isn’t it the easiest and tastiest pasta recipe ever? Now you know why this Creamy Chicken and Pesto Pasta recipe is such a hit with my own family!
Did you run into any problems making this? Or did you make any substitutions? Did you make the recipe as stated?
I would love for you to leave a comment letting me know about your experience! It helps other readers with the recipe and I can try to troubleshoot any problems.
More pasta recipes
If you would like to check out some more pasta recipes, here are a few others you should try:
- Italian Sausage Bow Tie Pasta – this recipe tastes like something you would get at a fancy Italian restaurant – but it’s easy to make at home!
- One-Pot Creamy Bacon Spinach Pasta – One-pot means easy cleanup! A simple and delicious recipe with pasta, bacon, and spinach.
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta Casserole – Total comfort food. A great weeknight meal.
- Creamy Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta Casserole – Pasta in a creamy sauce with plenty of chicken and ham topped with melty Swiss cheese!
Connect with Love Bakes Good Cakes!
If you would love a peek behind-the-scenes … check out my Instagram.
Don’t miss a single recipe!
Follow us on social media:
- 3 cups uncooked bow tie pasta (about half of a 16 oz. box)
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 oz.) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto sauce
- 1/2 cup milk
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook chicken in butter until browned, stirring often.
- Add soup, pesto, and milk. Bring to a boil. Cook over low heat for 5-7 minutes or until the internal juices of the chicken runs clear.
- Stir in pasta and heat through.
- Serve immediately.
Homemade pesto sauce works great in this recipe!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Stainless Steel Measuring Cups - 5 Piece Stackable Measuring Set
Stainless Steel 5-Quart Colander
Contemporary Self-sharpening 20-piece Knife Block Set
Cutting Board Set, 15-Inch by 20-Inch by 1/2-Inch, Assorted Colors
Calphalon 5-Piece Nylon Kitchen Cooking Utensil Set
Simply Calphalon Nonstick 10 Piece Cookware Set
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 617Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 127mgSodium: 747mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 47g
Please note that the nutritional information listed on this page is an estimation based on the products I used. Ingredients and nutritional information can vary greatly between brands. Always be sure to read labels.
Originally published on October 14, 2012. Updated on September 17, 2020.