I love quick meals. I especially love meals that are quick and tasty. Sometimes, with seven different people to feed, it’s hard to find recipes we all love. I originally found this recipe years ago (on the back of a soup can maybe? I really can’t remember.) and it has been in our keeper binder since then. Served with a salad and garlic bread, it’s an easy and flavorful weeknight meal the whole family will enjoy!
- 3 cups uncooked bow tie pasta (about half of a 16 oz. box)
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 can (10 3/4 oz.) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted***
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto sauce
- 1/2 cup milk
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook chicken in butter until browned, stirring often. Add soup, pesto and milk. Bring to a boil. Cook over low heat for 5-7 minutes or until the internal juices of the chicken runs clear.
- Stir in pasta and heat through.
*** To make condensed soup substitute: Melt 2 tbsp. butter in a saucepan. Stir in 3 tbsp. flour and stir until smooth and bubbly. While continuously stirring, add 1/2 cup chicken broth and 1/2 cup milk. Bring to a low boil, continuing to stir until it thickens. Salt and pepper to taste. Use in place of canned cream of "whatever kind" of soup. You can also add herbs, celery or mushrooms.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 679Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 110mgSodium: 944mgFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 40g
I hope you enjoy!
Shared at these
Don’t forget to link up YOUR Soup Recipes HERE
Copyright © Love Bakes Good Cakes 2012 All Rights Reserved