Sweet, tangy, and smoky all at once, this copycat Chick-fil-A Honey Roasted BBQ Sauce is just like the kind you’d get on their chicken club sandwiches, except made right at home! Its flavor is to die for, and it’s simple to make.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details.
Table of contents
Honey Roasted BBQ Sauce
I’ve mentioned this before, but my family and I recently had a very spirited discussion over dinner about the best fast-food chicken. (Yes, sometimes we get a little crazy, y’all!! Ha!) No one really won, though I made a REALLY good argument for Chick-Fil-A, and everyone admitted I had a point! Yes, even the die-hards for KFC, Bojangles, Church’s, and Popeyes admitted Chick-Fil-A was in their top 3!
(We have a lot of diverse chicken opinions in this house, I wonder where the kids got it from!!)
One of the ways I convinced everyone?! The BBQ sauce that Chick-Fil-A uses on their grilled chicken club sandwiches. I don’t mean their regular sauce that comes with the nuggets, by the way! I mean the honey-roasted BBQ! That stuff is HEAVENLY. A little smoky, a little sweet, a little tangy, a little creamy. It’s the best of all worlds, flavor-wise, and texture-wise.
So, of course, I had to come up with a great copycat recipe for Chick-Fil-A Honey Roasted BBQ sauce. Here it is, and it’s pretty much perfect, if I do say so myself. Skip the drive-thru and enjoy this, especially if you make a copycat grilled chicken club to go along with it!
It’s one of my favorite things at Chick-Fil-A, and if it’s yours, too … I’m excited for you to try it!!
Chick-Fil-A BBQ Sauce: Ingredients & Equipment
For this Copycat Chick-Fil-A Honey Roasted BBQ Sauce recipe, you’ll need …
- mayonnaise – this thickens your sauce. You can use any kind/brand, including the low-fat kind, as long as it’s plain white mayo. Anything else might alter the BBQ sauce too much!
- sweet BBQ sauce – get your favorite brand! Just make sure it’s sweet. (My fave is Sweet Baby Ray’s.) Again, other flavors might pull it away from the copycat sauce we’re going for.
- honey – to sweeten your sauce, of course!
- smoked paprika, lemon juice, and Dijon mustard – altogether, these ingredients bring the “roasted” or “smoky” flavors we want.
- bowl – big enough to mix your ingredients in!
How to make Copycat Chick-Fil-A Honey Roasted BBQ Sauce
Basically, mix all your sauce ingredients in a medium-sized bowl. Whisk together the mayonnaise, BBQ sauce, honey, Dijon, lemon juice, and paprika. Cover it with plastic wrap and place it in the fridge until ready to use on your favorite Chick-Fil-A copycat recipes, or anywhere else, for that matter!
Chick-Fil-A Honey Roasted BBQ Sauce: FAQs
It’ll stay fresh for about a week. Keep it covered and in an airtight container!
It looks the same and uses a lot of the same ingredients, but it isn’t! The regular Chick-Fil-A sauce lacks the beautiful smoky flavor that this one does. This BBQ sauce also features honey front and center (since it is honey-roasted, after all). It’s a bit sweeter!
I don’t recommend it, as it features mayo pretty heavily!! That never tends to freeze well.
I’m unfortunately not a diet expert, so I’m really unsure! I don’t see why not since we’re not really using the mayo for flavor so much as for consistency. If anyone tries it, please let me know in the comments!
Other recipes you may enjoy
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sweet bbq sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, bbq sauce, honey, dijon, lemon juice, and paprika.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge until ready to use.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5-7 days. Freezing is NOT recommended.
- Try this with my Copycat Chick-fil-A Grilled Chicken Club for the full copycat Chick-fil-A experience!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Silicone Spatula Set of 4
11-Inch Silicone Balloon Whisk
Pyrex Glass Mixing Bowl Set (3-Piece)
Extreme Freeze Deli Food Containers with Lids, 16-Ounce, 36-Pack
Stainless Steel Metal Measuring Spoons, Fits in Spice Jar, Set of 6 with bonus Leveler
Stainless Steel Measuring Cups - 5 Piece Stackable Measuring Set
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 159Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 279mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 0gSugar: 8gProtein: 0g
Please note that the nutritional information listed on this page is an estimation based on the products I used. Ingredients and nutritional information can vary significantly between brands. Always be sure to read labels. Please verify that a recipe fits your needs before using it. Nutrition info may contain errors, so please verify it independently. Likewise, recipes may contain errors, so please use your common sense when following them.