I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for Collective Bias and its advertiser.
Summer is not over yet! Celebrate Summer with this complete meal pairing of Grilled Chicken Tortas, Mexcian Chicken & Rice Soup and Mango Sweet Tea #TEArifficPairs #Mexican #CollectiveBias #shop
If you have read my blog for any length of time, you know two things about me. One, I love Mexican food. Two, I also love soup. Whenever I’m not sure what to make for dinner, I am almost always persuaded by one of my two “loves.” Sometimes, it just so happens that I can enjoy both! 🙂
While browsing my local Walmart for something quick and easy to fix for dinner, I noticed the Knorr Fiesta Sides Taco Rice and Knorr Chicken-flavored Homestyle Stock. I thought they would be a great base for a quick, homemade Mexican-style soup. Wanting a sandwich to go with our soup, a grilled chicken torta immediately came to mind. I remember seeing this Hellmann’s Mayonesa (mayo with lime juice) a few aisles back and thought it would be a great addition to any Mexican-style sandwich! Since I had already picked up some Lipton Tea bags, I wanted to see if I could give my regular sweet tea a Mexican flair too! I finished up my shopping so I could head home and make dinner!
This complete meal pairing is perfect when you need something quick and easy – and with a bit of Southwest flair! Since there are three separate recipes, this post is broken down a little bit different than my normal post. You will find each recipe and a printable version under the pictures below – but you can save all of the recipes at once in your Ziplist by clicking the green “make recipe” below!
For the torta
- 6 small chicken breasts
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 can (16 oz.) refried beans, warmed
- 2 avocados, sliced
- Red onion slices
- Hellmann's Mayonesa
- 6 hard rolls or small bolillo rolls
For the soup
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. chicken tenderloins, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 can (10 oz.) diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 cup (from a 15 oz. can) dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup (from a 15 oz. can) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 Knorr Chicken-flavored Homestyle Stock container (from a 4 pack)
- 4 cups water
- 1 pkg. (5.4 oz.) Knorr Fiesta Sides - Taco Rice Flavor
For the chicken:
- Preheat grill for high direct heat.
- Place chicken pieces between plastic wrap and pound with a kitchen mallet until uniform in thickness.
- Rub chicken breasts lightly with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the chicken on the hottest part of the grill and let them cook for 2-3 minutes. Using tongs, carefully lift each breast and rotate 45 degrees and allow to cook an additional 2-4 minutes.
- Flip each chicken breast over and cook for 2-3 minutes. Rotate each chicken breast 45 degrees and continue to cook an additional 2-4 minutes. Thicker pieces of chicken may need to cook longer! (Please note: cook chicken to 165°F for food safety.)
To assemble the torta:
- Split the hard rolls in half.
- Spread some of the refried beans on the cut side of the bottom portion of the roll. Top with one cooked chicken breast. Add avocado slices and red onions to the top of the chicken. Spread desired amount of Hellmann's Mayonesa to the cut side of the top portion of the roll. Replace the top portion of the roll onto the sandwich.
- Serve immediately.
For the soup:
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and onion.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is lightly browned and no longer pink. Add the tomatoes with green chilies, beans, chicken flavored stock and water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add the Taco Rice, stir and reduce heat. Continue to cook for 7-10 minutes or until the Taco Rice is thoroughly cooked and the soup is heated through.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1481Total Fat: 75gSaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 230mgSodium: 2105mgFiber: 21gSugar: 7gProtein: 92g
Mango Sweet Tea
Yield: 6-8 servings
6-8 Lipton Tea bags
2 cups boiling water
½-1 cup sugar
6 cups cold water
Pinch of baking soda
1 can (11.3 oz.) Jumex mango nectar
Place the tea bags in boiling water. Cover and steep for 10 minutes. Remove the tea bags and discard them. Stir in the sugar until dissolved. Add the cold water, baking soda and mango nectar. Mix well. Pour over ice and refrigerate until cold.
For even more great recipes or special offers, check out Walmart.com, the Lipton Tea website or check out this awesome Lipton #TearrificPairs Pinterest board!
Other Posts You May Enjoy: