This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SwansonSummer #CollectiveBias
This Mexican Chicken and Rice Soup is quick to make and full of flavor! It gets off to a quick start with Swanson Chicken Broth!
Many of you know that two of my favorite foodie things are Mexican food and soup. I could eat either one, any day, every day. I take every opportunity I can to combine the two. The flavors of Mexican cuisine just can’t be beat and the comfort and ease of soups make dinnertime easy. By combining the two, you have an awesome dinner that is quick, easy and so full of flavor!
Since it’s summer and the weather is still rather warm, I like to go with lighter soups that have more of a clear broth versus a heavier cream type soup typically seen in the winter. This Mexican Chicken and Rice Soup is loaded full of seasoned chicken, pinto beans, tomatoes, cilantro, lime and rice! I know people who think soups have to cook all day on the stove to be flavorful – and let me tell you, this soup is here to debunk that. You can have this soup ready in about 30 minutes – making it great for weeknights!
Just a side note – whenever I make soup that has rice or noodles, I like to cook them separate from the soup and add the rice or noodles to the bowls individually – it helps keep them from soaking up all the broth!! Does anyone else do that too?!
Since I often buy things my family uses often in bulk, we make a trip to Sam’s Club about once a month. I stock up on things like rice, granulated sugar, all-purpose flour, spices, peanut butter, olive oil and Swanson chicken broth!
Since we enjoy soup quite frequently in the Love Bakes Good Cakes house, Swanson Chicken Broth helps get dinner off to a quick and flavorful start! Sam’s Club carries the 32 oz. cartons in 3 packs – and just recently started carrying a 6 pack of 32 oz cartons! I use Swanson chicken broth to flavor rice, in mashed potatoes, in marinades and in so many of my soup recipes, so stocking up is a necessity!
Be sure to check out the demo happening nationwide this coming Friday (7-31) from 10:30 am – 12:30 pm at your local Sam’s Club!
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 1/2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 3 tbsp. chopped cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 cans (16 oz. each) pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (10 oz.) tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
- 2 cartons (32 oz. each) Swanson chicken broth
- 2 cups long-grain rice, uncooked
- Diced tomatoes, diced avocados, tortilla strips, lime wedges
- In a large Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and onion. Season with chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder and oregano. Cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink and is cooked through.
- Add the cilantro, lime juice, pinto beans, tomatoes with green chilies and Swanson chicken broth to the pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer. Allow to cook 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook rice according to package directions. Set aside.
Spoon desired amount of rice into bowl. Ladle the soup over the top. Top with diced tomatoes, avocados, tortilla strips and/or lime wedges, if desired.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 546Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 69mgSodium: 989mgFiber: 9gSugar: 7gProtein: 38g
Other Posts You May Enjoy: