Pumpkin Pecan Bread is a perfect bread for the Holiday meals. Your guests will be impressed when they taste a slice of this goodness!
Pumpkin Pecan Bread
Pumpkin Pecan Bread – It’s Fall in a loaf, y’all. I think homemade bread has to be one of the best things ever – it ranks right up there with fresh coffee, peanut butter cups and babies laughing. There’s just something about those things that makes you smile. Well, they make me smile anyways! 😉
You can imagine how heavenly this smells while it bakes! You can smell the pumpkin and spices as they permeate the air! So delish! This loaf makes a great sandwich bread …. it’s great toasted and slathered with butter, jelly and/or honey … serve it as a side to a Fall soup …. really you can’t go wrong with this bread.
Of course, you can use your stand mixer or do this by hand if you prefer. It’s not too difficult to do by hand, just more time consuming. I hope you give this a try – it’s totally worth it!
Featured at Seven Alive
Other recipes you may enjoy
- 1/2 cup warm milk
- 1-1/4 cups canned pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4-1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- In a bread machine pan, place all of the ingredients in the order suggested by the manufacturer. Select the dough-only setting.
- After the bread machine signals that it is finished, punch down the dough and turn it out onto a lightly floured surface.
- Roll the dough into an 11x7 rectangle. Starting on the long edge, roll up jelly-roll style, shaping it into a loaf. Tuck the ends under. Place in a well-greased 9x5-in. loaf pan. Cover and allow to rise for about 30 minutes or until the dough is about an inch above the pan.
- Bake in a 400°F oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove to a cooling rack to cool completely before slicing.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 242Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 165mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 4gSugar: 6gProtein: 6g
Please note that the nutritional information listed on this page is an estimation based on the products I used. Ingredients and nutritional information can vary significantly between brands. Always be sure to read labels. Please verify that a recipe fits your needs before using it. Nutrition info may contain errors, so please verify it independently. Likewise, recipes may contain errors, so please use your common sense when following them.
Originally published on November 16, 2013. Updated on April 24, 2021.