This from-scratch Chocolate Milk Cake is so easy to throw together – making it the perfect addition to birthdays, potlucks, or tailgating parties! #ResultsAreDelicious #ad
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Shamrock Farms. The opinions and text are all mine.
Chocolate Milk Cake
This past weekend, Brian and I hosted a watch party for the University of Arizona football game. We had such a blast watching the game, hanging out with friends, and eating tons of food! To keep things easy, Sloppy Joe’s were on the menu. We also served our Easy Beef Sliders along with a variety of chips, potato salad, baked beans, and of course – this Chocolate Milk Cake.
Start with Quality Ingredients
In this Chocolate Milk Cake recipe, I chose to use Shamrock Farms Chocolate Rockin’ Protein. It’s a healthy and delicious protein beverage made with real milk that is perfect for everyone, from elite athletes to casual exercisers, to help you look, feel, and perform your best. You can look for the signature green top in the refrigerated dairy case!
Join the challenge!
Shamrock Farms is also hosting a Protein Pushup Challenge at the upcoming Duel in the Desert game between UofA and ASU (November 24th). For every pushup done within 30 seconds, Shamrock Farms will donate additional servings of milk! Join the challenge and participate online by showing how many pushups you can do and share on social media using #ProteinPushupChallenge – Be sure to follow me on Instagram to see my kids participate in the challenge!
How do you make Chocolate Milk Cake?
You’ll need a few pantry items and a handful of refrigerated ingredients to make this Chocolate Milk Cake.
Gather butter, sugar, vanilla, eggs, cake flour (see note if you don’t have this!), cocoa powder, baking powder, salt, and Shamrock Farm Rockin’ Protein (Shamrock Farms Chocolate Milk works great, too!).
Start by creaming the butter and sugar. Add the vanilla, then eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Sift together the cake flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture alternately and mix until well combined. Pour into 3 greased and floured cake pans. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
What Can I Substitute for Cake Flour?
No cake flour? No problem! You can easily make a substitute for cake flour by placing 2 tablespoons of cornstarch into a 1-cup measuring cup. Fill the remainder of the cup with all-purpose flour. Sift into a bowl before use. You can adjust this ratio up and down for your recipe. If you only need 1/2 cup of cake flour, add only 1 tablespoon of cornstarch to your 1/2-cup measuring cup and fill the remainder of the measuring cup with all-purpose flour.
Other recipes you may enjoy
Chocolate Milk Cake
This from-scratch Chocolate Milk Cake is so easy to throw together - making it the perfect addition to birthdays, potlucks, or tailgating parties!
For the cake:
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 3 cups cake flour
- 2 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Shamrock Farms Rockin' Protein - Chocolate
For the frosting:
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 5-1/3 cups powdered sugar
- 1-1/3 cups cocoa powder
- 2/3 cup Shamrock Farms Rockin' Protein - Chocolate
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
For the cake:
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease and flour 3 round cake pans and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter, sugar, and vanilla. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each egg.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the cake flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, alternately with the milk, mixing well. Divide the batter between the prepared pans.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center of the cake tests clean.
- Remove the cakes from the oven to a cooling rack. Allow to cool 10 minutes in the pan before turning the cakes out onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
For the frosting:
- Combine all frosting ingredients in a large bowl with a hand mixer until well combined. If the frosting is too thin, add a bit more powdered sugar. If the frosting is too thick, add a bit more Shamrock Farms Rockin' Protein.
- Frost the cake.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
- If you don't have cake flour, don't fret! For each cup of cake flour, add 2 tablespoons of cornstarch to a 1 cup measuring cup, then fill the remainder with all-purpose flour. Sift into a bowl before use.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Love.Love.Love. Shamrock Shakes! Best new item out there, in my opinion.
I am always ready for a slice of chocolate cake. Now I can feel better about it knowing I got some extra protein along the way! <3
chocolate yummy cake….very yummy. i love cakes but i love a lot a chocolate cake. you explained with steps very easily. i would love to have this on my special occasions
Can we use just reg chocolate milk??
Amaaaaaaaaaaaazing!! A recipe that does not use CoolWhip or Bisquick, so us poor ole foreigners can do and enjoy! And we can use our local brands of ingredients
So delicious try it I have made it for people who want it and buy it from me